⨷Chapter 16

Slow sensational music echoed through the halls. Beautiful lights dangling from the ceiling casted a strange glow over the people. Fire burned in the hallways and there was excitement all around as Azalea and Ashley made their way to the great hall together. Pansy had already left after giving them a hard scolding about not getting ready fast. "I've been asking you this since last week. Who are you going with." Ashley asked her. "it's a surprise." It was the same reply she gave her everyday. She hadn't told anyone about her date, she wanted to see their reactions. The blonde huffed and rolled her eyes. 

The sounds of laughing and merriment grew louder as they reached the stairs. "I'll go first." Ashley said. She was going with some ravenclaw whose name azalea didn't remember. She saw krum waiting for her near the stairs and smiled. Such a gentleman.

It was time for her to enter now. She took a deep breath and made her way down the stairs.

Draco pov-

I hate this ball. These lights, these decorations, this laughter. Its making me nauseous and pansy's tight hold on my elbow wasn't helping. I couldn't even remember why I asked her to the ball. My eyes landed on potter. Saint potter. I don't know why everybody fawns over him. I cant even stand his sight. "lets go, pansy." I tried to drag her inside.

"wait. Let ash and azalea come." Azalea. The moment I had met her, I knew she was trouble. But now, I can't decide what she is. I sensed something in her when we danced, when we looked at each other. Heat flowed through my body when I touched her. It felt like my body was melting and it felt good. I even looked into her mind, There were flashes, but mostly it was darkness and cold. Its like there's something twisted, deep inside her mind. One part of me hates her and the other part just wants to dive in that darkness, see where it leads. I remember the words she said to me that night. 'The pain of being truthful, when everyone thinks you lie.' It was as if something was trapped in her, waiting to get out, wanting to be heard and yet, instead of all her friends, even her own brother, she let me see it. I know its just a fraction of what she truly is but I can't help walking towards it. Its calling me, like a magnet and I won't be able to resist.

"there's Ashley." I saw robinson walk down the stairs and join her date. A ravenclaw, I scoffed. She's lowering the slytherin standards. Pansy suddenly gasped, "oh merlin, she looks gorgeous."

I followed pansy's gaze and saw her. Standing on the top of those stairs, looking like a goddess.

She was wearing a beautiful black dress that hugged her body with a deep front cut, showing off a little cleavage. A slit ran all the way up her thigh and A thin silver belt matched contrastingly with the deep dark velvet of her dress. Her hairs were pulled back in a high ponytail and her lips were as red as blood. She walked down and her date came to her. I had to do a double take to see it was krum. She was going with krum.

Azalea pov-

Azalea pov-

I felt the eyes of the entire hall on me, but my eyes were fixed on certain grey ones. He never once looked away as I walked down the stairs. I could see an ocean of emotions in his eyes but I couldn't decipher what he was thinking.

A clicking of shoes caught my attention. Victor was standing there, dressed in ceremonial robes with a fur cape over his shoulder. He bowed and held out his arm, "you look beautiful azalea." I blushed. I glanced towards Malfoy, but he was looking the other way, his jaw tensed. "you look quite handsome too, victor."

"the champions will present the dance first." Mcgonagall told us. "are you ready?" he asked. I smirked and flipped my hair, "I was born ready."

The doors to the great hall opened and the champions strutted to the dance floor, amidst the cheering and wolf whistles. I could hear the entire durmstrang cheer loudly for krum. We took our positions on the dance floor and the music began. Victor held me firmly as we danced round the floor. "how does it feel to be a champion." He tried to make conversation. I jumped and he spun me around, setting me on my feet. "it feels good. I'm not afraid."

"your confidence amazes me."

"then I must be quite intruging, since I capture your attention."

He chuckled. "you are, quite a mystery if I may add."

"ah, that I am." Several couples had joined us by now. I felt someone burning a hole in my head and I already knew who it was. He had been extra fuming today. "I think I need a drink." I politely took my date's leave and went to the bar. I filled a shot of firewhiskey and drowned it. The taste burning down my throat. "Fuck it, give me the entire bottle." I ordered the little boy.

"enjoying are we.?"

"piss off, Malfoy. I won't let my evening get destroyed by your hands."

"but it wasn't the evening I was hoping to destroy by these hands." He whispered in my ear.

 I need another bottle if I am to survive this

I need another bottle if I am to survive this. I ignored the galloping of my stupid heart and eyed him seductively. I am going to make him regret this. I got up and leaned closer to him, our lips a little far. " then what do you think of doing then, choking someone with that hand." I suddenly shifted back admiring my result. Draco sat there, eyes wide with lust and face raging with thoughts better left unsaid.

"I thought you changed. McClivert. But I didn't know you were a slut too." He snapped. I barely resisted the urge to hex him. Kill the boy. The voice said. I have to do something about that annoying voice in my head too.

The music changed and I felt myself being pulled onto the dance floor by a pair of strong arms. I saw victor dancing on the upbeat music. A little further were Ashley and pansy both having left their dates and enjoying the moment. even the teachers were enjoying themselves, professor mcgonagall danced with the headmaster, hagrid danced with madam maxime even snape had changed his robes to a more classic black ones and was less broody than before.

I felt the worries of the tournament leave me as I danced my heart out, unaware of the events that were yet to unfold.

---x---x---