⨷Chapter 2

4 years later...

The whistling sound of the train's departure rang through the platform. The hiss of the scarlet engine announcing the departure of the Hogwarts express. Children scurried around with their large trunks and their pets following them. The voices of exchanged goodbyes lost in the crowd.

Azalea's father turned to her, "I should not hear another complaint. Remember that." Azalea nodded at her father who was too busy seeing Dylan off. "Take care of yourself. And don't forget to write." Her mother said.

"I will. Bye mum." she gathered her luggage, along with her cat, pearl. Fighting through the crowd, she was able to climb aboard just as the train started moving. Having one last glance at her mother's smiling face, she went inside.

Azalea's pov-

Most of the compartments were filled with students, talking about their holidays. Even the corridor was packed. Many students gave her weird glances, seeing her for the first time. Not that it mattered.

Finally, she saw an empty compartment. She threw her luggage over the shelf and sat near the window with pearl seated over her lap. She was going to Hogwarts, the expulsion from beauxbatons worked. Nothing about beauxbatons was good according to her except her bestie, Aiden. She was going to miss him terribly. The memory of the pranks they pulled on over half the school brought a nostalgic smile over her face. How much she wished for him to come with her.

A commotion in the doorway drew her attention. She saw a girl tryling to pull her trunk stuck in the doorway. After a few hateful kicks to the door, she managed to get in.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit here. No other compartment is empty right now and I will hate to drag my stuff again." She spoke.

"of course not." Azalea smiled. She remembered her mother's lesson to be friendly and whatnot. She looked at the girl, she was tall and had curly blonde hair framing her face.

"I'm Ashley Robinson," the girl introduced

"Azalea, Mcclivert"

"Are you related to Dylan Mcclivert by any chance." Ashley asked.

"he's my twin brother." Azalea said, as if it the most obvious thing. A surprised look crossed Ashley's face. "we've heard about you. Dylan told us in the first year. Said he had a sister who was an incarnation of evil." She said, making air quotes.

"He exaggerates." she scoffed, "all brothers do." Though he is right.

"Why did you transfer to Hogwarts." Ashley asked. "I was expelled from beauxbatons and my father thought it was good to send me to the same school as my brother." She replied.

"Which house do you think you will be sorted in." ashley asked her.

"my whole family is slytherin, but I don't care in which house I will be sorted into. What is your house."

"Slytherin" Ashley said, proudly."I hope you get sorted into slytherin. We Slytherins have the best parties."

Before azalea could say anything, Ashley got up, "I'm going to buy some candies, it's a long way to Hogwarts. you might want to rest." azalea smiled and lifted pearl from her lap. She was tired indeed and since the journey was long, a little rest won't hurt her. She thought about Ashley, she seemed to be a nice person unlike some other Slytherins that cared only about the blood status. She rested her head against the window and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

---x---x---

Azaleah woke up to the sound of Ashley calling her name. She opened her eyes and saw Ashley standing over her with her school robes in one hand. "we're going to reach hogwarts soon. I am going to change my robes. You can change in here." she said while handing over a box of candies to her. "i brought these for you, thought you might be hungry and don't look so surprised." 

Azalea smiled. "thank you."

"never mind. Now you better hurry." with that she went to change her robes. Azalea took her robes out. Since she wasn't sorted into any house, her robes were neutral. By the time she finished changing, the train had reached the hogwarts station. She and ashley got out and gave their trunks to be carried away. 

"we'll take the carriages." ashley said. they walked up to a carriage drawn by strange looking creatures. Azalea stared in wonder at the animals. "what are they." she asked the blonde.

"the creatures pulling the carriage, you  can see them" she said, surprised," they are thestrals, only those who have seen death can see them." Azalea tensed at the mention of death. it reminded her of a memory she didn't want to relive. just then two other girls climbed into the carriage.

"you should've seen his face-" a girl said, laughing. "he will be scarred for a lifetime." the other one replied giggling. They both noticed the other two girls in the carriage. "hello Robinson." the brunette greeted. "hello parkinson." she replied. " who's this" the parkinson girl asked.

"Azalea Mcclivert. and yes I'm Dylan's sister and no, I'm not an evil incarnate." she said, sarcastically. The brunette gave her an amused smile.

 "I'm pansy Parkinson and i have a feeling that we are going to be good friends

 "I'm pansy Parkinson and i have a feeling that we are going to be good friends."