⨷Chapter 13

Azalea let out a groan as she threw back the covers. Yesterday's party had been a welcome relief from the reminder of the tournament. They had celebrated her completion of the first task. Still, no one talked about what happened that day. What they saw on those rocky grounds. Draco had been avoiding her, whenever they met in the corridors, all she got from him were hate filled glances, not that it affected her.

She cursed her hangover headache and dragged herself to the bathroom, throwing a pillow at ashley's face. She casted a spell to erase her headache, but it didn't work. Good. I can't even focus on a simple spell. She ignored the splitting pain and got ready for her first class of the day. Potions.

"the draught of the living death, is a powerful potion, which makes the drinker fall into a deathlike slumber...." Snape's boring voice trailed on while azalea stood at the potion table, her head on her hand, snoring.

She was flying through the clouds, sitting on a unicorn with a rainbow-coloured tail. She was wearing a beautiful tiara and she was on her way to rescue the prince of hearts who was locked in a tower by an ancient evil witch.

"...though it's not always needed, seeing as some students don't need a potion for sleeping at places they're not supposed to, Miss McClivert. Am I right." Azalea woke up with a start "huh...what?" she heard Malfoy and the boys sniggering behind.

"care to explain what was I saying, McClivert." Snape's disapproving eyes bore into her. She straightened her posture and took a deep breath. "yeah...um...u-um, something about potions I'm sure, professor." He walked towards her, and stood towering over her. "10 points from slytherin."

"it's not like we're going to win anyways."

Blaise coughed awkwardly, trying to hide his laugh.

"a week's detention."

"make it two, I really like spending time with you."

The corners of his lips twitched. She smiled widely, she had succeeded in her first attempt to make him smile. He said nothing, just turned away and went to check on finnigan's potion. "that was bold." Pansy exclaimed, flipping the pages of her potion's book. "it's a sixth-year potion, how are we supposed to brew this death of the living draught, exactly."

"draught of the living death."

"leave it to me, bring some wormwood, asphodel from the shelves over there. Ash, cut the sloth brain into small pieces." she instructed the girls. She mixed sloth brain into the potion and started stirring it. "a little help would be appreciated, azalea." Blaise whispered from the other table.

"stir clockwise after seven times stirring in anticlockwise direction." She told him. "I suppose it feels good McClivert, being a know it all." Draco scoffed.

"at least I'm not the one standing near my cauldron, doing nothing other than mocking the others, who, unlike you actually have work to do. So, I ask you very kindly, .... piss off you abominable goblin shit."

She focused back on her potion, stirring it carefully. She sprinkled all the ingredients and waited for it to be ready. "its almost done." She told the other two, who were playing tic-tac-toe on their potion assignment.

"its done. Professor."

Snape checked the potion; it was very well brewed. It wasn't in the course yet, she managed to brew it without a single mistake. "very good, McClivert. Submit your assignment and you're free to go." She packed up her books and the three of them started walking out. "not you Miss Parkinson and Miss Robinson, you still have to brew your potion." Both of them muttered some curses and went back. Azalea looked at snape and she could swear she saw a smirk planted on his face.