⨷Chapter 9

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore approached the blue flame and the flame started glowing red. Everyone looked on anxiously as the first name flew out of the flame.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" the durmstrang crowd erupted in cheers as Krum walked up to dumbledore.

Azalea was sitting between pansy and ashley. She smiled at krum as he walked away. "I knew it would be him. He's a champion." Pansy exclaimed.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour"

Fleur. That girl can't even kill a fly, she scoffed.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory." The whole crowd of Hogwarts started whistling and cheering. "He is a bloody Hufflepuff." Draco snarked. "Still better than you, Malfoy." Azalea snapped.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!". everyone was excited to see the dangerous tournament and the winner.

Suddenly, the goblet started glowing red once more and two names flew out. Everyone looked in surprise as dumbledore took it and read...

"harry potter and azalea McClivert. HARRY POTTER? AZALEA MCCLIVERT?" he shouted.

Azalea felt as if her heart had been ripped out. She didn't put her name in the goblet. Someone was trying to trap her and not just her. Her eyes met with harry and he was equally scared. "so you're a cheater now, McClivert." Draco sneered.

Azalea didn't hear him, she heard nothing. All she could see was the hateful glance of the students filled with disgust. Even her own brother looked at her with hurt in his eyes.

"Harry potter? Azalea McClivert.?" Dumbledore shouted again. She saw harry being pushed forward by granger. She steeled herself and stood up, refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

"they're a cheat! They're not even seventeen yet." Voices in the crowd shouted. "she's a monster." Another one shouted. you are a monster.

She looked at the teachers who shared sympathetic glances. Snape's eyes met with hers and she saw something in his eyes. It wasn't hatred, it wasn't shock. It was sympathy, it was understanding. He knew it wasn't her fault. That one expression was enough to give her hope, at least someone trusted her.

Both of them took the paper from dumbledore and went into the other room. Few minutes later, dumbledore rushed in and grabbed harry.

"did you put your name in the goblet." He asked both of them. Azalea had never seen dumbledore so furious before and she was scared, not of him but of what was going to happen. It was a conspiracy and she was well trapped in it.

"No sir." Both replied.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No sir."

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir."

"Well of course they're lying. The girl is a born liar." Madame mixine said. This was the final straw for azalea. She snapped

"I am many things, madam mixine. A liar isn't one of them. Neither of us are." She looked to dumbledore. "Why will we put our names in a tournament we know nothing about. We're being trapped."

"of course, they are." Moddy said, entering the room. "the goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful tool magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could've hoodwinked it. Magic beyond the talents of a fourth year."