⨷Chapter 5

I ran through the corridors, my bad flung across my shoulder and my heels clicking against the stone floor. I can't be late for my potions class on the very first day. I saw Ashley and pansy entering the classroom just as I turned the corner. I quietly went inside and slid right next to pansy and behind Draco and blaise.

"Where were you. We were waiting for you." Pansy whispered.

"I lost my tie." I lied. The truth was that after my little adventure in the halls last night, I was far too busy unearthing some secrets than attending my classes. Pansy didn't have the time to reply as the doors opened and professor Snape walked in, his robe bellowing behind him.

"Today you will be learning to make veritaserum. What does this potion do"? a girl with bushy hairs, sitting on the front bench raised her hand. "that's granger... she's a know it all." Pansy sneered. Snape ignored her and asked the next question.

"what are the ingredients of this potion." He asked in his usual monotone voice. Again, granger raised her hand but he ignored her. I had been mastering potions since I was a child, this was just a piece of cake for me so I raised my hand.

"Yes, miss McClivert." The whole class turned to look at me with wide eyes. Pansy's mouth was dropped open and even Draco had tilted his face, eager to hear my answer.

"Veritaserum is a powerful truth serum that causes the drinker to answer any question posed to him, truthfully. To brew it, we need a squill bulb, murtlap tentacle, ocamy eggshell, 4 drops of dragon blood, pincture of thyme and 25 g of powdered rue."

Not a single sound could be heard through the classroom. Draco had completely turned to face me, a look of surprise across his face. Even snape was silent for a moment and then he nodded at me,

"Very well, Miss McClivert, 10 points to slytherin. Now I want all of you to write ten pages of parchment over this potion and any other potion of your choice, submit me till this week ends." A groan erupted from most of the students. After the class ended, I gathered my bag and walked out with pansy and Ashley beside me. "bloody hell, azalaea, didn't take you for someone who studies." Pansy said.

"I don't, I just mastered potions as a choice. It's a good choice when you're planning a revenge." I said, nonchalantly. "you should've seen granger's face. She seemed as if someone had smacked her right across the face." Ashley commented.

"Hey McClivert," the boy who was sitting with Malfoy earlier, came up to me, followed by another one. "That was one hell of a show you did there. I'm blaise. Zabini. And he is Theodore Nott. But we call him Theo" he said motioning to the other boy who, I noticed was quite handsome.

"It was nothing, blaise. And call me azalea." I smiled at both of them. Just at the moment, Malfoy came up to us and extended his hand towards me, "you must have heard about me. I'm dr- "

"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. Cocky smirk and an ego far greater than the planet itself. I will know you anywhere." I smirked and pushed past his shoulder, leaving a fuming Draco behind.

Just as I reached the slytherin door, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Dylan running towards me. "hey aza,"

"what" I snapped.

"Listen, I know I couldn't talk to you sooner. I was meeting my friends after the whole summer and was kinda excited. I just... I am...I am sorry."

"I know you were longing for your friends but that's no excuse to abandon your sister."

"yeah, I know...I-I am sorry. I wouldn't ignore you now. I promise." He said. "we are twins dy, we have look out for each other. Just as we did when we were small." I told him.

He nodded, remembering the time we spent together, saving each other, comforting each other when no one would listen.

"I am happy you're in slytherin." He said after a moment. "yeah, I am too."

"I am going to the great hall for lunch, you coming." He asked. "no, I'll pass. I have to write some letters. Take care Dy"

"you too,"

---x---x—

I sighed as I put my quill away after writing all those long letters. One was addressed to mom, the reply to her letter congratulating me for being sorted into slytherin and the other one to aiden, who by now, must have lost his head trying to figure out why I didn't write sooner. I read the letter that I was going to send him,

Dear aiden,

I know I should've sent you a letter the moment I entered Hogwarts, for that I'm sorry. This school is much better than beauxbatons though the teachers seem the same. I got sorted into slytherin, yes, yes... I know what you're thinking, the clever serpent etc. Anyways, I made some new friends, they seem nice and helped me through the classes. There's this boy, Malfoy and he is such an arrogant prick, always bullying others.

I am closer to Dylan and that's all I care about. I went on a little late-night adventure on my first day, I know, typical me but I had to, I have this strange squishy gut feeling that I cant shake off. You know me aiden, my instincts are never wrong. Something is on its way here, and i have to protect my brother from whatever it is.

Yesterday, I made a deal with the poltergeist, peeves and we're going to prank people together. Sounds fun, right? He said I am like the Weasley twins. I wonder who they are, maybe they will be just like us, mischief-makers. Alright, I have been rambling about myself too long. How are you doing? And how does beauxbatons looks in my absence.

I miss you. I miss all the fun we had together. I am hoping to meet you soon.

Your bestie,

Azalea.

P.S- DON'T, and I mean DON'T feed candies to Haze, even if she pecks you. 

-----X----x------

A/N-

buckle up readers, major entrance on its way. things are going to escalate.

who do you think is coming? and what will azalea do when things take a turn.? 

this a slow burn. draco and aza hate each other right now. they will turn from haters to lovers, but it will happen in later years . Dont worry, there will be a lot of interactions. Hold on.

With love,

anna❤️