Sixth wish

-"H-Hanako-kun...?!" she exclaimed, she couldn't  believe it. 

The apparition looked up at her, smiling. 

-"Hello again, Yashiro~" he said, floating toward her. 

She was in shock. Around them were candles, a picnic blanket along with food. Sweets, some juice and even her favorite food : strawberry-filled rice cakes. The sun was setting, reflecting in Yashiro's eyes. Her mouth was opened a bit, refusing to believe what she was seeing. 

-"So, do you like it, Daikon-san ?" he asked, as he saw she wasn't saying anything at all. 

-"You... you did all of that ?" she finally spoke, stuttering a bit. 

He nodded, deeply hoping she would like it. He was a little bit nervous, even if he didn't admit that. The Mokkes could tell, earlier he was almost shaking. 

-"I love it Hanako-kun !" she said, stars in her eyes as she jumped to hug him. Nobody had ever done this for her. Nobody but him. But once again, she thought, he is making me happy, while I am not doing anything for him. That thought lowed her joy a bit, even though she didn't show it. He put so much effort into it... and she couldn't believe he would do that for her. 

-"Please take a sit." he said, pointing the blanket. 

Once she was sitting, the ghost put another blanket over her so she wouldn't be cold. She thanked him, was it really Hanako-kun doing all of that for her ? Or was he just doing that because she would soon die..? Of course, he didn't and couldn't really care about her... she still couldn't figure out why he was doing that.  

As they talked and laughed, Yashiro ate and was surprised of how the cakes were delicious. 

-"Wow ! I didn't know you were such a good cook Hanako-kun!" she said, enthusiastic. 

That look on her face reminded him of the time they began to be friends, when she firstly called him Hanako-kun. Her brightness filled his grey world. Unfortunately... the things that shine the brightest burn the fastest... 

-"The kid helped me a lot, I am glad you enjoy it." he said, hiding his painful feelings. 

Once they were done eating, they discussed for a long time. Before they knew it, the moon had already replaced the sun. 

-"It's already this late ?! I should go back home ! Sorry Hanako-kun." she quickly said, already getting up. 

He grabbed her wrist, not letting her go. 

-"W-wait ! Can you stay just a little bit longer ? I have a last... surprise, for you." he said, as he looked away when saying the word "surprise". 

She tilted her head curious, after agreeing to stay a little bit more. She sent a text to her parents saying she would be a little bit late tonight due to school homework she had to do with a friend. Well, she wasn't really lying... she was with a friend, one that would always protect her. 

-"Close your eyes for a moment Yashiro!" he told her. 

She did what he had asked her, her curiosity rising. As she was waiting, she heard music which made her open her eyes. 

-"You little cheater, I told you to keep them closed." Hanako-kun said, floating toward her. 

-"What are you doing ?" she asked, amused. 

-"Granting my assistant's wish." he said, flirting as he reached for her hand and put a kiss on her fingers. 

His actions made Yashiro turn into a blush mess, she was absolutely not used to that kind of thing, no matter how much she read books or watched movies about it. 

-"What do you mean, my wish ?" she was confused. 

-"You don't remember ? Your first wish was a love wish, so I am giving a date."

-"A date ?!" she repeated, not imagining that at all. 

Hanako-kun was amused by her look, his plan worked perfectly, she was happy. 

"Oh I see..." she thought, "He just doesn't want to have anything on his conscience, so he is granting my wish...". She looked down, what was she even expecting ? That reminded her of the love tree's story... 

-"So, shall we dance ?" he asked her, worried by her changed expression. 

-"Sure." she tried to avoid his gaze for a moment, until he put one of his hand on her waist, while the other held her right hand. She looked at him, as he slowly began to dance. 

-"I prefer when you're looking at me." he said, jokingly. 

Little did he know, Yashiro couldn't take her glance off him. 

"What's going on?!" she panicked. Only now did she realized the situation she was in. She was dancing with her ghost friend, on the roof of the school, music spreading around them. She blushed more, as Hanako-kun was leading her. She didn't want him to see her that way. She had to do something... but what ? 

Yashiro let Hanako-kun's hand go as she hugged him tight. 

-"Y-Yashiro?" he asked, shyly. 

She put her head against him, still dancing together, refusing to let go. 

-"Are you... okay?" he asked, worried. 

-"Y-yes, I just... I wanted to thank you for this moment, Hanako-kun." 

Hanako-kun melted in the hug, even though he couldn't show it. The two teenagers held each other, moving along the music. 

"Please... let me protect her at all cost." he said inside of his head. 

"I don't want her to go."