Twelfth wish

The seven mysteries were reunited for their meeting. There weren't a lot of meetings, so they had a lot to discuss about. 

Tsuchigomori wasn't known to be very talkative, but he had been particularly quiet during this discussion, which got Hanako's curiosity. As the end was coming soon, the leader turned to face him and asked him : 

-"hey, Tsuchigomori-sensei, you are awfully quiet today, why is that?" 

His old teacher could easily guess Hanako was hiding his real emotion. He knew he wasn't feeling good as the smile he was showing reflected his deeply buried sadness. The spider couldn't help but feel guilty... He knew what was happening right now. Actually, a page he had ripped off Yashiro's book had been rewritten. He had to tell Hanako before it was too late... still he couldn't tell if that was the right decision. Something weird was now written... "Yashiro would do anything to save Hanako. Especially right now." 

He handed him the pages, and the leader of the mysteries took them, curious. He saw her name, and immediately his expression hardened. He looked back at his old teacher before reading it as fast as he could. His eyes widened when he finally read the present part. She entered it...

But the worst was what would happen in a second. 

Hanako throw those pages behind him as he ran towards the girl's bathroom and his boundary, leaving all the other wonders speechless. He put his cape on, to use Hakajoudai's power, and entered the stall leading to his boundary. 

The starry sky above him and the giant moon didn't catch his attention a single second as he was too focused on saving her, at all cost. 

"I will save you, Yashiro, at all cost." He said as tear cornered his eyes. 

"I will save you, Hanako-kun, at all cost." said his assistant, stuck in his bedroom. 

(Violence, skip if disturbing)

She was walking, slowly. He was running, quickly. 

She took the knife Amane was hiding, finally revealing herself to the two boys who were shocked to see the young girl appear between them. 

He had his knife in his right hand, and climbed the stair as fast as he could. 

The traumatized girl approached the laughing boy. 

-"You got a friend now, Amane ? She can play with us..." He said, laughing disturbingly. 

She raised her arm, holding her weapon tightly. 

-"You... you are the reason Hanako-kun isn't happy... you made him suffer, kill you, kill himself... I will save him. From you." she said, looking deadly at him. 

He came, he rushed towards the door and opened it. 

She stabbed Tsukasa in his stead, as both Amane and Hanako were watching her. 

(End of violence)

Their surroundings formed those small triangles, as Hanako began to crumble and shatter into pieces of those small, shiny but hurtful triangles. 

-"Yashiro !" he shouted her name, trying to catch her. 

She reached her hand out for him, but when they touched, everything vanished into those tiny pieces of triangles. 

Everything shattered. And only now, Yashiro did see what she had done. Only now, Hanako had understood how he was the one shortening her life span. Only now, both of them understood the painful truth of lovers who wanted to save each other. 

"What could have been if we had not met... Yashiro ?" 

"What could have been if we had not met... "

"What could have been..." 

"I am sorry...  I love you. Thank you. For everything. Good bye, Hanako-kun."

 Those were the only thing I wanted to tell you... but I never did.