0.24 The Epilogue

0.24 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

you spun the cake batter around in the bowl, it moving from side to side because you had no grip on it.

you had recently moved into a new house with your boyfriend of two years.

you had both been living in an apartment but finally decided to buy a house together. it was quite exciting to have moved into your first home so that is why you've decided to bake.

you had never done it before so this was your first time, and you were failing miserably.

the batter was too thick and it was way too difficult to mix, the bowl had cake batter on the edges of it so your fingers were covered in it and you put in too much pink food dye.

but you continued none the less. why? no body knows.

"good afternoon!" kaminari shouted from the hallway of your home.

you immediately let go of the bowl and ran out to him. you wrapped your arms around his body warm body.

he wrapped his arms around your waist, tugging you in to his body and creating a warm hug between the two of you.

"hey" you mumbled into his jacket.

he planted a kiss on your head before you brought him into the kitchen.

"what happened in here?" you both stared at the mess in the kitchen. you just sighed and walked back to your bowl of batter.

"i'm baking!" you shook the bowl in the air, the spatula rolling around in the batter.

"and apparently you're bad at it" he shrugged and you whined at him.

he laughed lightly before walking over to you. he picked up the carton of milk and poured some into the bowl.

"how many eggs did you use?" he looked at you attentively.

"one" you confidently replied to his silly question.

"you're supposed to use two" kaminari grabbed the carton of eggs. he cracked an egg and let it fall into the bowl.

he mixed it all together and it finally began to look like normal batter.

"how did you know that?" you looked at him in wonder as he effortlessly made the batter good for muffins.

"my dad taught me" he quietly stated, focusing on mixing the batter in the blue bowl.

you decided to preheat the oven, so that's what you did.

you had multiple different muffin cases with different christmas designs printed on them.

one had ginger bread men on them, another had christmas trees and the last one had snowmen on them.

kaminari took the cupcake tray out from the cupboard with all the random pots and pans you never use.

"you didn't take out everything you needed" he chuckled lightly as he began to place in different variations of the cases into the tray.

"i thought i could fill them and put them in the oven like that" you mumbled lowly as you realised how stupid you sounded saying it aloud.

"okay, well that's not how we do things here princess" he smiled down at you and rubbed the bottom of your back lightly.

you just helped him putting the cases into the tray. and then pouring the batter into each case evenly.