Chapter One: The Journey Begins

(A/N: The pic is what Lilja wears)

Lilja

I walk up to the door hearing voices inside, I knock on the door. The door opens and there stands Gandalf and beside him is a hobbit. Gandalf smiles as I enter, the hobbit looks confused.

"Bilbo, this is Lilja Storm, she is a skin-changer" Gandalf tells the hobbit, Bilbo looks at Gandalf then me

"Nice to meet you Master Baggins" I say and bow.

"You as well" He says and bows also.

Bilbo then takes me and Gandalf into the dining room, there sit 12 Dwarves. They all look at me, I sit next to one with tattoos on his head. Gandalf clears his throat.

"Everyone this is Lilja Storm, she is a skin-changer" He tells them.

"A skin-changer?" a white haired one with a long beard across from me asks

"Yes, I fear I am probably the last" I say

"Why do you think that lass?" the one next to me asks

I am about to speak but Gandalf beats me too it "That is a story to be told when he gets here"

I quickly learn all of their names.

Suddenly, there are three loud knocks on the door, and everyone falls silent.

"He's here." Gandalf says

We all follow Bilbo and Gandalf to the door it opens to reveal a Dwarf with long dark hair.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice. I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door." He says, Ha that's the only way I found it!

"Mark? There's no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago." Bilbo says

"There is a mark; I put it there myself. Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield." Gandalf says

So this is the famous Thorin Oakenshield that I have heard stories of.

"So, this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?" Thorin asks

"Pardon me?" Bilbo says

"Axe or sword? What's your weapon of choice?" Thorin asks

"Well, I have some skill at Conkers, if you must know, but I fail to see why that's relevant."

"Thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar."

The dwarves all laugh, and they go to walk back to the dining table. But stop when Thorin sees me.

"Who are you?" He asks rather rudely.

"Ah, yes. Thorin I would like you to meet Lilja Storm, she is a skin-changer and will be joining us" Gandalf answers for me.

"A skin-changer? I thought they were all dead" He says

"No, but I'm most likely the only one" I say

"I am sorry" He says putting a hand on my shoulder, sending a feeling like a shock wave through me. He smiles down at me, he's like 5 foot 2 and he is a head taller than me. We then go back to the dining table.

"What news from the meeting at Ered Luin? Did they all come?" Balin asks Thorin as Thorin eats.

"Aye. Envoys of all seven kingdoms." Thorin says

The dwarves murmur their joy. I sit back in my seat and smile.

"What do the dwarves of the Iron Hills say? Is Dain with us?" Dwalin asks Thorin.