Chapter Thirty-Three: Peace Not So Peaceful

Lilja

I wake up with the sun in my eyes. I sit up and realize I am alone. I get up and put on a green and brown dress that just has straps and a pair of black knee high boots and leave my hair down. I walk out into the hall, I see Balin and Dwalin and Kili and Fili talking, I walk over to them.

"Good morning Lilja" Balin says

"Morning, have any of you seen Thorin?"I ask

"Yes, he was talking to Dis by the entrance last I saw him a few minutes ago" Dwalin say

"Thanks" I say and kiss each of their cheeks and go to find Thorin.

When I enter the way towards the entrance, I hear Thorin shouting at someone.

"You have no right to say that about her! You don't know her! Have you forgotten that she saved my life?!" Thorin yells

"Thorin! That doesn't change the fact that she is a monster! Skin-changers are vicious! They kill just to kill!"A female voice yells

I enter the hall, I see Thorin with a dark haired and blue eyed dwarf.

"Dis, you don't know her or her story! You can't judge her!" Thorin yells

I walk over to them and glare at Dis. They notice I'm there.

"So, this is the skin-changer" Dis says

"I'm Lilja Storm, you must be Dis nice to meet you. And nice to know how you feel about me"I say

"I heard you used to be tortured by Azog, and that you lost your family. Let me guess all your fault?"Dis says. I stare at her in shock, Thorin looks mad.

"You don't know me and you can't judge me for anything. I had nothing to do with my family's deaths. I was forced to watch as they fought my other kin, only because they were told to or they would be whipped or killed. They were forced to fight to the death. I surprisingly escaped, but everyday and everynight I think about it. I have nightmares about it, I see it all again. If I could have saved them I would have!" I yell as tears stream down my face "So don't you dare judge me!" I notice that the company and other dwarves have gathered and are watching us. I turn and run back to Thorin's room.

Thorin

"Nice work Dis! I thought you would be understanding but I was wrong! You hurt one of the most important things to me, how could you?! You judged her before getting to know her!"I yell at Dis, she now looks shocked and ashamed, I storm off to my room.

I find Lilja curled up on the bed sobbing her eyes out, I lay down next to her and pull her close. She turns to me and sobs into my chest.

"Shhh, haban, it's ok. She'll come around you'll see" I say kissing her forehead.

"And if she doesn't?"Lilja asks

"She'll have me to deal with" I say.

Lilja smiles at me "There's that smile I love to see" I say, Lilja giggles. I kiss her lips. Lilja then winces, I look at her worried. She just shakes her head.

"It's nothing, like Tauriel said, I might be in some pain for a few days but, I'll be fine, I always am." She says.