Chapter Six: Thunder Battle

Lilja

It is morning I feel someone shake me, it's Dwalin.

"Come lass, we must go" He says

I quickly change back into my normal clothes after he leaves and grab my bag and weapons. I run and find the company waiting, Thorin smiles at me, I smile back and we start walking.

The company is hiking along the path away from Rivendell.

"Be on your guard; we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on." Thorin says

"Aye." Balin says taking the lead

Bilbo turns around and looks back at Rivendell, longingly.

"Master Baggins, I suggest that you keep up." Thorin says to Bilbo

The company and Bilbo continue on our journey.

The company hike through the wilderness of Middle-earth, over ranges, mountains, and plains.

We are crossing the Misty Mountains; the trail is narrow and dangerous, with a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other. There is a fierce storm in the air, with lightning and rain all around.

"Hold on!" Thorin calls to us

As Bilbo walks, the stone beneath his feet gives away, and he starts falling into the chasm; Dwalin manages to pull him back in time.

"We must find shelter!" Thorin yells over the storm

"Watch out!" Dwalin yells

The company look up and see a massive boulder hurtling through the air; it hits the mountainside above them, causing rocks to fall all around them as we press ourselves against the mountain.

"This is no thunderstorm; it's a thunder battle! Look!" Balin calls

A stone giant rears up from a nearby mountain; it rips off a massive boulder from the top of the mountain.

"Well bless me, the legends are true. Giants; Stone Giants!" Bofur exclaims

"Take cover you fool!" Thorin yells

"What's happening?" Kili asks

Giant #1 throws the boulder far in the air; another stone giant, #2, appears from behind the Company, and it is hit in the head. The dwarves yell at each other to brace and hold on, and the rocks beneath their feet begin to give way from all the vibrations and from the impact of the falling rocks. The ground between some of the Company members splits; part of the group is on one side, and part on the other. I look at Thorin in horror from the opposite side. As the two stone giants fight with their fists, the dwarves hold on tight as they are flung around. Thorin's group consisting of himself, Kili, Gloin, Oin, Balin, Bifur, Dori, and Nori, manages to jump to a different spot. my group consisting of myself, Bilbo,Fili, Bofur, Dwalin, Ori,and Bombur try to stay calm. A third stone giant appears, and it throws a boulder at the head of one of the first two. That one falls over; as the first group watches. The giant hits the side of the cliff, and falls.

"No! No! Fili! Lilja!" I hear Thorin yell

The group rushes to the spot where we are, they look worried, but we are safe. Thorin sighs in relief.

"Where's Bilbo? Where's the Hobbit? There!" Bofur exclaims

"Get him!" Dwalin yells