Neighborhood

Mikasui and Y/n bid their goodbye.

Walking from the cafe to the orphanage takes about 30 minutes.

Y/n just strolled with the intention of returning home right away because it was a little chilly and windy at that night. Before walking the stairs leading to a nearby residential neighborhood, she took a breather. She glanced her watch, which showed 6.45 p.m.

"It's a bit chilly today," As she looked around, Y/n rubbed her palms together.

"Perhaps it's because it's about to snow. I'm very excited to go outside and play in the snow with my siblings." As she gazed up at the sky, Y/n smiled.

She suddenly felt as if someone is watching at her from afar. Y/n's heart starts to beat quickly. She grabbed up the paper bags carrying the cake without pausing to consider and said,

"Let's go back now, Y/n! Don't be scared. You've come here a few times, and nothing terrible has ever happen to you, right? After all, this is a residential neighborhood, so there isn't much darkness." Y/n makes an attempt to calm.

She ascended a 25-step staircase that led to a residential area before eventually leading to an orphanage.

A sigh of relief escaped Y/n's lips. Her heartbeat accelerated, as did her speed. Suddenly, she was greeted by a voice.

"Take a look at what we've got here."

She came across a group of males near the neighbourhood. They are hanging out at the side of the road, blocking Y/n's way to the orphanage. There are four of them.

"Sweet girl, why don't you come hang out with us?" As he approached Y/n, the man asked.

"Aaa no thanks. I have to go home right now." As she stepped back, Y/n said something to the man, who was most likely the leader.

"What's the rush? Later, we'll send you home." In a disgruntled tone, the man replied once more.

Y/n's body and voice trembled. "I...I really need to go back home now. Please." Y/n was holding her paper bag when the man abruptly smacked it aside.

Y/n was taken aback and attempted to hide her tears. She was terrified and hoped someone would pass through the neighborhood.

"There's a cake in here, boss. Should we eat it?" one of them said while they took a look inside the paper bags.

Their boss suddenly grabbed Y/n's hand. Y/n made an attempt to free her hand.

"Hey! Don't fight! I'd want to invite you to join us in eating that cake."

With a shake of her head, Y/n expressed her dissatisfaction with the situation. "I don't want to! I want to go home! Please, let go of my hand!" Y/n battled valiantly.

"Help! Help! He-" The man cupped Y/n's mouth and grasped her shoulder.

"Shush, shush. Don't make any more screams. Otherwise, I'll make you scream incessantly."

Hearing the man's words, Y/n's eyes began to widen. Tears streamed down her face. Because her lips was cupped, she couldn't scream or speak. When the other man heard their boss say it, they just laughed.