Birthday

They got in the car and drove directly to the orphanage. The two of them didn't talk much on the way since they were suddenly awkward.

"Kaku-kun? Is it okay if I play a song?" Y/n suddenly broke the silence between them by waving her cell phone.

"Sure," Kakucho said as he switched on the bluetooth mode.

Connect her phone to the car's bluetooth and play Maximillian's song Beautiful Scars. Even if it's possible that Kakucho didn't recognize the song, Y/n played it for him on purpose.

Y/n was enthralled by the song and sang it, while Kakucho simply smiled and nodded as he listened to Y/n sing.

"Kaku-kun listen ..." Y/n smiled looking at Kakucho and sang the part,

"I've been going way too hard on myself

Guess that it's the reason that I'm feeling like hell

But I wouldn't change if I could restart

I ain't gonna hide these beautiful scars "

"Please don't be too hard on yourself." "Don't keep your pain to yourself." As the song played in the background, Y/n caressed Kakucho's arm.

"I'm fine. Soon I will be able to put off this pain any longer." Kakucho gave Y/n a quick glance before caressing her hand.

"I know you can Kaku-kun!" As she pats Kakucho's arm, Y/n nods and smiles.

Kakucho parked his car in the orphanage's front yard as soon as they arrived. Okasan, who was holding Arumi in her arms, appeared to be waiting their arrival at the door. Kakucho and Y/n hurried out to greet them, carrying cakes and snacks that they had bought.

"Arumi-chan!!" exclaimed the two as they rushed to greet Arumi, who was dressed in a cute yellow floral dress.

"Mhmmhmmm~~ Why are you two acting so much like lovers? You're both even dressed in the same color." Okasan grinned as she saw them both engaged with Arumi.

Y/n, who had only recently noticed, widened her eyes. Her face flushed with embarrassment, but she pretended she didn't hear Okasan.

"Don't we seem like we'd make good lovers?" Kakucho chuckled teasingly Y/n as he ruffled his hair 

"Where is Kawa-kun, the birthday boy, Arumi-chan?" Y/n attempts to ignore Kakucho's question as much as possible.

"Kawa nii-san, inside~ with balloons~" While pointing to the house, Arumi answered.

"Ehem miss~~ Please don't ignore me...I'm embarrassed in front of Okasan," Y/n's waist was poked by Kakucho.

"Dumbass!" "Do I care?" Y/n is tickled by Kakucho's behavior. As she stuck out her tongue, Y/n cast a glance at Kakucho. Y/n hurried in, leaving the three of them standing in front of the door.

When Kakucho sees Y/n's remark,  he laughs and flicks his hair. He's completely in love.

"Don't tease Y/n-chan too much or else she'll pout and be difficult to persuade." Okasan laughed and patted his shoulder.

"I'm pleased to see her like that." Kakucho said, before returning his gaze to Y/n, who had entered the house.

"Mhmhm, be careful ~ you might fall in love. Now, let's go in," Okasan welcomed him in.

As he walked into the home, Kakucho mumbled to himself, "Perhaps I already did."

"Nee-chan!" When Kawa saw Y/n enter the kitchen, he exclaimed.

"Hello, birthday boy!I 'm sorry for being late!" Y/n dashed over to Kawa to greet him.

"It's fine as long as you're already here," "By the way, nee-chan is looking stunning today!" While gazing from top to bottom, Kawa praised Y/n.