Encounter | Part 1

Two weeks before November end. The weather was becoming colder than usual, and the orange-yellow leaves of the trees stand out around the city, and there are also fallen leaves, signifying the impending arrival of winter.

"Do you want to go shopping later, Y/n-chan?" Mikasui asked, holding a hot cup of coffee in her hand.

Y/n, who was typing her report, stopped and turned towards Mikasui "Gomen Mika-chan, but I don't think I can make it because I need to prepare this report for tomorrow's meeting today. Also, I have to deliver household items for the orphanage later."

Y/n now visits the orphanage on alternating days, except when she is really busy.

"Ohhh I see. If it's like that, it's fine. Do you want me to accompany you to the store to purchase those items?" Before sipping her coffee, Mikasui asked.

"It's okay Mika-chan. After all, I'll be working some overtime today. So you go home and go shopping for yourself." Y/n responded with a smile.

"Well, if you say that, I'll go pack my stuff and leave home first," Mikasui remarked with a smile.

"Don't forget to look after yourself. Remember to bring your coat. It's very chilly outside and please let me know if you're safe. Don't make me worry just like two weeks ago."

"Got it! Daijoubu." Y/n smile and waved.

Y/n returned her attention to her laptop and resumed her work. On her laptop, the time was 5.05 p.m.

Hopefully it will be completed before 6 p.m. I don't want to repeat what happened two weeks ago. I haven't told Mika-chan about the two incidents in one day because I'm scared she'll become overly concerned and file a police report before hearing my whole explanation.

While composing her report, Y/n recalled an incident from two weeks earlier in which she met members of Bonten, The Haitani Brothers. The cops have been patrolling the residential area since the murder. So Y/n speculates that they don't want to cause a scene, especially with the cops.

Y/n is motivated to complete her work before 6 p.m. because she is afraid of being alone in the office later if it gets too late. Y/n finished her work at 5.40pm after about a few minutes. She smiled as she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yess! It's finally completed!" Because she didn't want to disturb his coworkers, Y/n shouted a bit. They also had overtime. "Now I have to deal with 'shopping.' "

Y/n got up quickly, placed her laptop into her bag, and rushed to a nearby supermarket. She went to a supermarket ten minutes away to buy groceries for orphans. She took up the trolley and began shopping for necessities such as sugar, tea, milk, biscuits, chicken, and veggies, among other things.

A hand suddenly wrapped around her shoulder while she was choosing cereals. Y/n was taken aback and swiftly turned to face the person. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the person.

"Hello...~ miss pretty~~." In a slightly sensual raspy tone, the voice greeted her.

"Ha- Hai- Haitani-kun?" Because the person was wearing a face mask, Y/n's voice was shaky becauses she was still surprised and unsure of her guess.

"Shh shh shh. Not too loud. It's Ran ~ my dear. Don't use Haitani." Ran whispered in Y/n's ear while holding a box of cereal, making himself like he was making a choice. Maybe he didn't want people to suspect him.

"You want to have a party or something ?" Ran looked at the Y/n trolley.

Y/n still can't believe that she will meet Ran again. She replied in a stuttering but low voice, "Thi- this is fo- for the orphans. Are you alone? Where is your 'other half' ?"

"Ohhh I see. Oh Rindou? Rin. Rin. He is at aaa ..." Ran turned to the right and left looking for a glimpse of his brother.

"There." Ran pointed at Rindou behind Y/n, walking towards them.

Y/n turns to see the direction Ran is pointing. Looks like he was holding 3 bottles of beer and snacks. Rindou also wears a mask but remains stylish with his jelly mullet hair, suit and boots.

"Miss pretty, it's been awhile." Rindou greeted Y/n in a slightly naughty tone.

"H- hi Rindou, it's been awhile." Y/n replied.

"For yourself or the orphans?" Rindou asked while looking at the Y/n trolley full of goods.

"This is for the orphans." Y/n responded quickly.

Rindou only gave a simple nod.

"How about you two? Work??" To get rid of the awkward feeling, Y/n asked.

"No. We're waiting for our other friends. We were with a one of our friend a moment ago,but he went out first. I'm not sure where he goes." Ran responded. Rin is merely a listener.

Y/n simply nodded. "I see...okay then, I'll go pay for my items first."

Y/n's was stopped by Ran before she could push it. Y/n was startled, and her heart began to pound.

"You don't want to take this?" Ran shakes the cereal box in his hand and start to loads the trolley with many boxes of various cereals.

"Oh my goodness, Ran! That's a lot!" Ran ignores Y/n, who is trying prevents his hand from placing the cereal boxes again. He even walked away with the Y/n trolley, pushing it into a different lane.

Y/n froze and was shocked when she saw Ran grab the trolley.

"Just follow Ran," Rindou jabbed Y/n's elbow "Let's get going."

Y/n turned to face Rindou, who had begun following in Ran's footsteps. Y/n sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Cho-chotto mate," Y/n had no choice but to follow behind them both.

Cover source : @naAguero_ on pinterest