Misunderstanding | Part 2

They waited for Mikey to finish speaking while turning to look at him.

"Do you like the work we're doing right now?"

The question caused them to all stare at one another with some astonishment.

"Boss?" Kokonoi and Ran said, sounding a little lost.

"Despite us performing unpleasant tasks, you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves. While I'm here dying, some of you guys are even trying to do something outside to keep yourself alive."

What exactly is he saying? I feel like he's unhappy and guilty in some way. Kakucho attempted to process the words of his boss.

"Boss, if you ask me, I do feel alive and I'm happy with that as long as you're here with me," the employee replied. Sanzu rubs Mikey on the back while kneeling down in front of him.

"Haru ..." Mikey made an effort to suppress his smile.

The others simply remained silent and suppressed their guilt. They genuinely desire to be freed from everything and live normal lives.

This time, "Kakucho" Mikey's voice was a little softer.

In anticipation of the next sentence, Kakucho turned to face Mikey.

"They should be informed about Y/n." Mikey observed everyone person, but particularly Sanzu.

"Boss..." Sanzu felt remorse.

Kakucho is a little reluctant, but Mikey has no idea that some of them are already aware of Y/n, so Kakucho merely follows orders.

Kakucho informs the other about Y/n, the wedding plans and he told them that he would tell Y/n the truth about Bonten and Izana. He hoped that they would accept and approve of his choice.

Sanzu's expression is only concerned with hearing and processing Kakucho's word.

"I apologize for not having told you all of this earlier. I don't want you guys to think that I'm betraying Bonten. So Mikey, I appreciate you for giving me time." Kakucho concluded his story.

Kokonoi, Ran, and Rindou are attempting to hide their smiles. They are extremely happy with Kakucho. Takeomi nodded and patted Kakucho on the back.

"Do you now understand Haru? You shouldn't assume that I have a favourite, please. I'm just letting Kakucho have fun with his old friend." Mikey turned to face Sanzu.

Sanzu nodded and smiled. Even so, that seems a little off for Kakucho.

"We appreciate you telling us, Kakucho. Then we should wish Kakucho much luck with that enormous toss." Mikey's side, Sanzu stood up and took his glass.

As Sanzu did, the others also raised their glasses.

"For Y/n and Kakucho." They all said.

Kakucho simply grinned, scoffed, and lifted his glass, despite the fact that he is still uneasy.

"Let's have a party! UHUU!" Sanzu became excited and greeted Rindou, who was still operating the DJ station.

Ran swayed his body to the beat of the song "No Hands (feat. Roscoe Dash & Wale)" that Rindou began playing and Sanzu to dance. The volume is a little bit higher now than it was previously. The light was a little bit dimmer.

"Koko, let's dance!" Ran used his finger to call out to Kokonoi.

"What? No-" Kokonoi shook his head while lip-syncing.

"Don't let me drag you here~~" Ran performed a dance mimicking him pulling a rope to get Kokonoi to stand.

As he rolled his eyes at Ran's behaviour, Kokonoi laughed. He eventually stood up from his seat and raised his hand while dancing to the music.