" CLOWN MISSED YOU! " ; angst + fluff

NOTE: Part 2 of "C'mon, you nerd"! :] Ennjoy as alwayssss
this is kinda, sorta focused on tricky and his pov, so that's why it's said as third person and not in first.

~

It's been almost 5 years since the Nexus incident now. The clown didn't know whether or not you were even alive anymore, but the scene of you smiling cheerfully at him with tears starting to dry on your cheeks always stayed in his mind.

He made it a personal goal to find you again, just to see that beautiful smile again. He never got to tell you how he felt back then, and if you were still alive, he would try now.

It might be too late, but who cares!? He doesn't! 

He sat on top of his sign, his gaze falling past each and every destroyed A.A.H.W base, past the broken and trashed buildings, and a grunt, with weapons attached to their waist and back and heavy leather gear-

He paused.

You might be thinking "Oh, it's Hank! He's back!"

But you're wrong.

It's you.

He couldn't believe it! It's you! After so long, he finally might've just found you! Sure, you look different but he had a good feeling this grunt was you!

Quickly, he fell back into the dirt and his stop sign feverishly broke the ground beneath it, trailing after you.

~

You heard a rumbling not too far behind you, with manic laughter following it. Familiar manic laughter, at that.
You turned around, pulling out a sword. Seeing the sign rush to you made you feel panicked, and quickly, you bashed it with your blade since it was about to bash into you.

"Y/N! Y/NNN!!! CLOWN MISSED YOU!" A clown popped out from the cracked ground, giggling with glee. His bushy orange hair bounced as he jumped around giddily, clapping and laughing to himself.

It took you a second, but the familiarity of the voice and vague appearance. The old torn lab coat with the green clip tag, and those dumb boxer-shorts with hearts plastered all over them. He knew they always infuriated you, since it was so improper to wear at work.

"H-.."

"Hofnarr?"

"YESSS!!! CLOWN KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!" He screamed excitedly, poofing up in green smoke and glitter and coming by your side, hugging you tightly. Just like the old days.

You felt like you were gonna cry again..

"H-Hoffy.. It really is you.. Oh my lord, are you okay, Hof? Did the.."

"YEAH, YEAH! BLAH-BLAH-BLOOEY! IT DOESN'T MATTER!! TAKE THIS DUMB MASK OFF I WANNA SEE YOUR FACE!!!!" He joyfully tugged at your gas mask, excited. You couldn't resist..

You took it off with little hesitance, flashing him that big grin. It hasn't changed a bit from the past 5 years.. You could almost feel tears running down your face.

The clown couldn't help himself, he took off his mask and pressed his teeth against your cheeks multiple times, signalling kisses. "SORRY CLOWN DOESN'T HAVE LIPS BUT I HOPE THIS IS OK!!!!" Tricky screamed in your ear, you winced a bit. "Hey, easy.. Tone it done a little." 

"OH-!! IT'S OKAY...!" He tried to whisper, but his speech just sounded like raspy screeching. It made you laugh warmly.

"Oh, I missed you so much Hof.." You wiped away your tears and gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead. Back then, whenever Hofnarr was sad or upset, a kiss on the forehead and a few encouraging words would get him cheerful and alive again.
He giggled and wiggled by this, licking your face a bit. He looked happy, genuinely happy as he was in your arms.

You guys would never be separated again.