; flames ;

hi, i decided to try to get my writing motivation up a little with this request by @TIFFONIROBLE123! hope you enjoy!
male reader

~

. 3RD PERSON POV
It was another day in the A.A.H.W workplace, not a lot has happened thus far. No raids had happened, nor have they planned anything to go against Hank and his little team today.

Quite pleasant, for once. One of the agents can agree with this a little too well. His name was [NAME], and let's say he was tired. Very tired. 

He worked overtime just to make sure his boss, the Auditor, was satisfied. Quite frankly, it did get to him sometimes. Made him pretty irritated, honestly. He hardly ever got sleep that lasted more than 5 hours, and it made him caffeine-obsessed. Though.. It was worth it to see the satisfied look on his boss's face.

This day, he was working at one of the outposts, looking out to make sure there wasn't any funny business. Even if being out here means being absolutely sniped, it was worth it to him.

"Will Agent 27106 come to my office? Agent 27106." 

Hearing his boss's voice blare through the intercoms made him jump, before getting all panicky. He was 27106, and his boss's office was quite far in this specific area!

Quickly, he jumped out of his post and rushed inside, running through the small crowds of agents and soldats, and the occasional engineer. "Excuse me- Move out'a the way! Coming throuugh-!"

He huffed and puffed, running through people until he got to the Auditor's office. "Finally-.." He muttered, knocking gently on the door."

...

"Come in."

Anxiously, he opened the door. Despite his admiration for the Auditor, being in his office terrified him. Being in here either meant you did something awfully good, or awfully awful. And he desperately hoped it wasn't the latter. 

"You said you needed me, sir..?" He asked in a hoarse whisper, feeling his heart tighten in fear.

"Yes, take a seat, why don't you?" The Auditor said with a small hum, taking a small sip from his coffee mug. "I've been wanting to see you for quite some time."

Oh god. At this point, he was convinced he somehow got himself in some sort of trouble.

"Yes, sir.." [NAME] nervously shuffled over to one of the cushioned chairs in front of his boss's desk, taking a seat. He fumbled with his hands, trying to maintain eye contact with the Auditor.
"Did I do something-..?"

"Hm.. I'd say so, but you're not in trouble, [NAME]." The Auditor said this with a small sigh, "if anything, it's the exact opposite of trouble, so there's no need to be afraid. I can tell you are."

"Um.. Sorry, sir." He seemed relieved at this, leaning back into the seat a little. "Then why am I here..?" He seemed to get a bit antsy for an answer after getting told he wasn't in trouble, quite curious.

"I noticed you've been working overtime.. Very frequently now. I don't know if you have noticed, but you've been working nearly 14 hours per shift, when you're only supposed to work 8. Have you been okay?" The Auditor said this, propping his elbows on the desk and holding up his head with his palm.

"Um.. 14 hours-? Really? I.. Didn't notice.." [NAME] said nervously, sweatdropping a bit as he glanced down. "You've been doing this for weeks, and seeing such a great worker of mine overwork himself is awful to see." He nodded a little, getting anxious again.

"Why have you been doing this, exactly?" The Auditor piped up after a moment of silence, which made [NAME] feel incredibly awkward.

"I, um.. Well. I noticed a lot of agents were slacking and.. I-I just wanted to make sure our workplace would stay stable.. I wanted to make you happy I suppose-" He said, nearly starting to ramble until Auditor stopped him.

"I'm flattered, [NAME]. Unfortunately, one agent doesn't have to do several others' work. I would've preferred it if you just told me that they weren't doing their job.." He said in a hushed tone, getting up from his desk.

"I'm sorry, sir- I just thought it was unnecessary to report on.." [NAME] said in a quiet voice, feeling scared as the Auditor walked towards him.

"Nothing is unnecessary, especially grunts not doing their job.. I feel horrid, that you decided to do this just because some ignorant slobs couldn't bother to lift a finger here." Auditor said, "Get up for a minute."

[NAME] nodded immediately and got up from the seat, and Auditor sat down. He pat his lap after a moment, "Well?"

"What? But- Sir, it's still work hours, what if-"

"You need to rest. I'm willing to spare an hour or two to let you sleep for a bit." Auditor said, patting his lap again and [NAME] reluctantly complied, his face hot.

"Pretend like I'm not even here, and just rest a little.. You need it." Auditor said in a soft voice as [NAME] hid his face in Auditor's shoulder. The warmth of his flames put him at ease after a while, it definitely felt.. Reassuring.

"I hope you know you're one of my favorite employees out of this whole agency. You shouldn't have to work this hard, especially every day. It just isn't right." He muttered after a moment, rubbing [NAME]'s back.

"Really..?"

"Really. Now, please sleep, [NAME]." 

It didn't take long for him to comply to that either, feeling himself slowly get drowsier and drowsier, eventually feeling himself subdue to sleep.

~

and that's a wrap! i hope you enjoyed, TIFFONIROBLE123, because it was quite nice to write a oneshot like this about one of my fav chars x 
i'll hopefully get other requests done soon! i'm just trying to gradually work myself back into writing, love you guys!