; mamaford ; fluff/casual

hey, small a/n, but i gotta say im SO thankful for 300+ reads and 15+ votes, that's pretty good if i say so myself

anyways, i wanted to write some sanford stuff, so uhhhh yeah :drooling_face: artist is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdBIe8A1gxhCVhUbqTCxNg aka BUBBLE :D 

~

It was a regular day in Nevada.
About as regular as it gets, anyways.

The sky was a bright and vibrant red, people were screaming, and we  had no missions or trainings today, what a miracle.

To be honest, I kinda.. Half-broke my leg during a mission and haven't told the guys yet. Playing off a broken leg is so hard, honestly, who would've thought?!

I limped my way to the kitchen, greeting Deimos and Sanford. I sat down at the table, rather uncomfortably while Sanford was preparing breakfast.
Doc came into the kitchen soon after, holding a hot cup of black coffee. Honestly, how does he drink that stuff nearly everyday?

"Morning." Doc greeted the two and they gave a nod back. I decided to give him a lil' wave and sighed. My leg hurt so badly.. Surely I could get through today. Just today.

"Me and Hank decided to have a change of plans.. There will be training today. We're going to mainly specialize in dodging attacks today.

.... Fuuuckk..

Literally, the worst day to do this! I just smiled and gave him a thumbs up, looking a little nervous.

Deimos noticed, "Yo dude, you alright? You suck at dodgin' stuff or something?" He laughed, which made me giggle a bit.
"No, no, quite the opposite actually. I think I'm quite good at it, but.."

I trailed off.
"Butttt?" Deimos hummed, I just sighed, "it's fine, forget it, haha." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, laughing.

"Kay, whatever." Deimos said, but he looked at me kinda funny, as though he doubted me. Tch, as if.

Doc had already left the kitchen when Sanford got the food done, setting plates in front of me and Dei, "thanks." I smiled warmly at Sanford, beginning to dig in. As I started to eat, though, my leg started to ache horribly

I winced a little at the sudden pain, but continuing to eat nonetheless. Sanford looked at me odd, "Are you alright, [NAME]? You seem hurt." He said, scooting a chair up besides me and sitting down, "yes, yes, I'm fine. Jeez, why's everybody askin' me that?" I played it off quite well, if I do say so myself, giving him a joking smile and a little nudge.

He just looked at me curiously before nodding. He seemed to doubt me too..

~

The time for training finally came along. My leg still ached like hell, and here I was, standing here with probably the most discomforted expression known to man. I had a frown stuck on my face and had a small limp, despite me trying to hide it.

"[NAME], are you seriously okay? Did something happen?" Sanford asked me, yanking my hand. "Yes-! I'm alright, I swear."
"You're limping, I seriously doubt it."
"San, I'm alright. Stop saying seriously, it's not sounding like a word anymore." I cracked a smile, making Sanford frown in return with a sigh.
"You've been acting weird all throughout the week after that one mission by yourself. What happened?"

I fell silent, nervously sweating as I averted his eyes. 
"[NAME], what happened?"

"Look-! I-.. I kinda fucked up my leg, okay? It's been a lil' hard to walk, that's all."

"A little? Really? I doubt that just by your face right now. C'mon."

He started dragging me by the arm, which made me flail a little, "Hey- HEY! Where are you taking me?!"

"To Doc. I'm not buyin' your bullshit." Sanford huffed. I just whined and tried to tug away, but he picked me up after a second or two of that.

"Doc? 2b? We have a lil' problem here." Sanford called out, which made Doc groan, and shout "What?!" to us.

He came into his office, and set me down. "[NAME] apparently broke their leg or something on their last mission alone."

"Are you sure? That was nearly a week and a half ago." Doc hummed, getting up from his office chair and walking over to us.

"Just check it out, they've been refusing to admit to it all day."
Doc sighed, "Come with me, [NAME]."

And after that, I was dragged off. Again.

~

And here I was... After multiple x-rays and tests, I've gotten a cast on my leg and allowed 2 weeks of rest.

Two. Weeks. What kind of bullshit is this!? 

I huffed and puffed all about it yesterday and today, but Sanford volunteered to stay home to look after me. I guess that's nice.

Sanford came over into my room, "Breakfast is ready, [NAME]. How's your leg?"

"It's fine, it would've been finer if somebody wasn't a lil' snitch.." I jokingly said, beginning to eat the scrambled eggs he had prepared for me. He smiled and sat on my bed.

"I'm sorry, I just.. Got worried, I suppose. I don't like you going on missions alone, it's too dangerous."
"It was fun, though."
"Fun, but still dangerous."

"... I kinda wanna go on more missions with you." I mumble, "you're pretty good at being a Medic despite having zero training experience." We both laughed a bit.

"Actually, Doc's been teaching me. He isn't really good at medical stuff, but he's trying." Sanford grinned, "Really?! It's rare to hear about that, jeez."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, I was done with my food in a short amount of time. I set the plate on my bedside table, "seriously, though. Thanks for doing that, I dunno if I'd even survive training if I didn't get my leg checked.."

"It's no problem." 

I hugged him suddenly, and didn't let go. It felt awkward, but it felt- Right to do, I guess. Sanford stood still for a moment before hugging me back, chuckling a little. "Just don't get hurt like that again, okay?"

"No guarantees." I smiled at him.

And we both laughed.

~

kinda mediocre but wooo, nearly 1k words again, its really fun to write this sorta stuff, honestly
i'm really happy with all the views and stuff this book has been getting! i couldnt be anymore grateful for you guys/gen :D 
i'll see you all later :]