; jealousy ;

hi! just note, idk how dr. crackpot really acts, i'm going off his wiki so this will probably come out mediocre or smth
special thanks to
 @seraphimstears for requesting! you're a really sweet person, and i hope you'll request again soon!
700+ views bbbvrvvrbrr.... thank u all,,...

~

It was a usual day at the Nexus core. A usual day for Crackpot and Nutcase, at least.

I was Nutcase, it's a funny lil' nickname Crackpot gave to me. We're like, an iconic duo here at this workplace! It's hard to find us separated, and we usually work on stuff together.

Y'know, I find it funny one of my best friends are basically rivals with one of my other best friends. His name is Jebediah Christoff, Dr. Christoff for short. 
He was a really sweet man, truly. He had a heart of gold, and was my bestest friend. Not even Crackpot could beat the man. 

I grew up with Jebediah. His mom was a strict christian, he didn't grow up with a father. 
I.. Wouldn't know how that's like. When I was 'born', I was cloned for the sole purpose of work, and grew up without a family. Though, I didn't start working until I properly grew up.

"[NAME]? Are you okay?" Crackpot inquired, looking curious as he took a sip of his O.J. We were on lunch break, sitting in the staff lounge.

"Oh, uh. Yeah, I'm fine." I smile at him. Then, I felt another presence in the room. We both quickly turn our heads.

. JEBEDIAH . 

That blasted Crackpot is in here with them.. Who would've thought?

I'm not the type of man to be envious, especially towards Crackpot out of all people. I guess it could be our.. Rivalry, that's sprouting and blossoming this sort of anger. I gave [NAME] a small smile and wave, coming over to them.

Crackpot just shot me a smug look, which returned with me giving him a cold glare. 

"Jeb! I missed you!" [NAME] said happily, running over to me and hugging me.

"It's only been an hour." I said quietly, patting their back. 

"I knowww, it just- Gets boring without you around, I guess." They chuckle nervously. Crackpot rolled his eyes at us and took a long sip of his juice. Weirdo.

"Hey, Crackpot, I'll see you later. I wanna catch up with Jeb, okay?" I feel like they knew me and him were about to have some weird stand-down with eachother, and I almost feel thankful. "Oh, okay.. See you later..." He muttered, glaring daggers at me. I just smiled.

~

After that weird dilemma, [NAME] dragged me off by the hand into the cafeteria. "Jebbie.. What's been up with you, man? Everytime I'm with Crackpot you seem so... Mad, I guess."

I stood there in silence for a while, unable to answer, until a lightbulb seem to go off in their head.
"Waitttt, wait wait wAIT, are you-"

"No.."

"Are you jealous??" They exclaim, smiling at me. They seemed, well, entertained by the idea. But I certainly was not. What a silly thought from a silly person.

"You so are! It'd explain why you're always givin' Crackpot death glares all the time. Jeeebb, it's fine to be jealous!" They punch my shoulder with a smile. I admit, maybe I was a little jealous, but why is it their business?

"I am not." 
"You are too! C'monnn, I still love ya' all the same!"

That word.. Love.

I hated it. They love me, but do they really? They value Crackpot a lot more, it seems.
"Are you sure?" I inquired, my usually calm expression breaking a bit.

"Yeah! Of course I'm sure, you're my best friend. Are you alright, Jeb..?" They grabbed my hand. I just nod.
"Jebediah, we've known eachother since we were little.. I would never, ever, put anybody above you. I promise." I felt them hug me, which was.. Shocking. They haven't hugged me in a while..

"..." I stood there for a second before wrapping my arms around them. For some reason, I felt myself getting choked up. [NAME] noticed, but didn't say anything about it.

".. I'm sorry for pushing you aside, you truly didn't deserve that. I promise I'll try to talk to you more, okay? I really missed talking to you anyway, haha.." [NAME] smiled sweetly at me, and that's when I felt tears starting to well up. I never, ever, cried in front of people, not since I was around.. I'd say, 7? 

[NAME] began wiping the stray tears, not saying anything apart from saying reassuring things in a soft tone. It felt- Nice, being comforted like this.

"Promise you're not mad at me?" They said in a teasing manner, messing with my hair.
I smiled shakily, "I promise."

~

THIS TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO END UP WAY TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!! I WANTED TO DO A LOT MORE WIT THIS BUT I DONT RLLY HAVE A L OT OF TIME TO WRITE SMTIMES SO :SOB: IM SO SORRY SERAPHIMMMM