The New Hot Topic

Flippy's POV

After walking around town again I finally decided to go home. So I started walking straight directly straight to get to the path towards my house. As I was walking I saw Shifty, Lifty and Russell walking down the street. I was kind of relieved to see people who weren't mixed up in drama so I waved at them with a smile on my face.

But something weird happened, they turned to each other and whispered then ran away. "That was weird." I started to walk towards my path again but the more I walked the gloomier everything started to get but I saw Nutty and Flaky carrying boxes down the street. I waved too them and crossed the street. "Hey guys those boxes seem heavy need help?" I said. "Sure man!" Then Nutty walked up to a tree and then started poking at the birds.

"So um Flaky I'm sorry for leaving you at the bakery unexpectedly." Flaky looked at me and then hid her face behind the mountain of boxes she was holding. "I-I-I-It's fine!" I grabbed some of the boxes Flaky was holding and trotted away into the bakery. I placed the boxes in the storage room and started to walk out I stopped in my tracks to wave at Lammy but she just looked at her weird pickle doll and started to hum.

That's weird isn't it? It seems like the whole town dislikes ya! "That is weird maybe it's because I stink or something I'll take a bath when I get home." A few hours later I waved goodbye to Flaky and nutty they both waved back with a smile and I then started to walk back down my path and I started to hear whispers coming from the townsfolk as I walked by. I brushed it off thinking that it was just a popular topic going around town but I stopped when I was pretty sure one of the whispers said my name.

I then realized the whispers were about me. I was the popular topic. "I heard Flippy is cheating with another girl now!" "Well I heard he really isn't a veteran!" "What really!? Well somebody told me he's a jealous jerk and won't let his girlfriends hang out with any other men except him." "Wow how can we respect our town's local veteran when he's such a bad person?" I was hurt but not THAT hurt. Most of the rumors weren't true and were very childish but it does hurt knowing that you're friends are speaking such lies.

I put my hoodie over my head and speed walked too my house. I was so happy and relieved when I got too my house but when I got closer to my door I heard a crunchy sound. I looked under my foot too see a crumbled paper with my dirty foot prints imprinted on it. I picked it up and read it. I took it inside. I wrote another note and put it in the mailbox.