1 (1/3)

Pairing | Tarzan!Steve Rogers x doctor!reader

Warnings | 6'6" Steve, feral behaviour/feral!steve, nomad!steve, fluff, scientist!reader, size difference, manhandling, soft!steve but also possessive!steve, gentle giant!steve, he doesn't have the best grammar but he's trying, disney vibes but no talking animals or musical numbers.

A/N | and I present to you, soft!tarzan!Steve. not fully proofread, all mistakes are my own.

Checking under your bed once more, you hope for a miracle, but it looks the same, clean and tidy. Standing up on your feet, you prop your hands on your hips, observing the tent again.

You were one of the lucky ones who didn't have to share a pod, but your 'room' was on the smaller side. Only enough space for a small foldable rack for your clothes, a single cot and a desk with a chair.

Over your stay, you tried to make it homier. Hanging small dried flowers from the jungle, and polaroids of you and your team, but it still felt so temporary. You suppose that's the point. This expedition was only for four weeks.

It was an honour to be offered a spot on the first research mission, you rushed to pack since you only had two days to gather your belongings for the one month on a freshly discovered island that was untouched by civilization, science, everything. Covered with trees as tall as skyscrapers, thick vines hanging from the branches and the ground sprouting plants you've never seen before. New species of flora and fauna and other organisms.

You wonder who would even think to steal your little scarf. The fabric was probably reeking of your smell, after all, you've tied it around your head to keep your sweat from dripping down your face and, to be honest, the pattern wasn't the prettiest. Mixed with stubborn dirt and grime from your stay on the island, it was more of a rag than a scarf.

But you loved it dearly, and now it was missing.

Perhaps Tony or Dr. Banner would know where to look, they stayed in camp yesterday while you went into the jungle with a team. Walking to the canopy, you try to block the late afternoon sun. It was brutal, the hot temperature and humid air, there was never a time you weren't sweating. And you enjoyed it.

For science and your career, it was worth it. The cherry on top is able to experience nature at its purest form, unscathed by humanity.

The noises of the surrounding tropical forest welcome you. The leaves brushing against each other, the faraway wildlife, the distant sound of the ocean, all of which you bask in. It was a fresh change from the bustling city of Manhattan.

"Where's Dr. Banner?"

Tony's eyes are locked on the projector screen, his fingers swiping as he sips from a smoothie. "Hm?"

"Have you seen Dr. Banner?" You question.

His desk, similar to the one back in the tower, is littered with documents and various Stark technology. Tony couldn't focus on one thing at once. He claimed he had a system, no one else knew it, but he did and that was all that mattered. So you let him be.

"No. He's probably still sleeping, he didn't get back until two in the morning." He answers absentmindedly.

That was unlike Dr. Banner. "Why was he out so late?"

Tony's eyes bulge, fingers faltering before he clears his throat. He closes the projection, spinning around to face you. "You know, doc, I think Peter needs your help with the new results from the river sample. Something about the PH levels being all over the place—he's on the south side of camp. Just take one of those jeeps and you'll be there in a jiffy."