3 (3/3)

"You're telling me, you lost a woman on an island? In a jungle that's still widely uncharted and potentially full of species we've never seen or heard of."

"First of all, we highly doubt there are undiscovered animals here, maybe a man-eating plant, but that's it." Tony crosses his arms, stating matter of factly. "In Bruce's defence, she was snatched away by the six-foot-six enhanced beast. You think he could fight a man who's spent his entire life in the wilderness?"

Director Fury's glare, although from one eye, was still menacing, even through a projection. "His green friend could."

"Yes, but as stated in the contract, Dr. Banner is to be excluded from all stressful situations, or instances he could be agitated." Tony defends, "And, would you want the Hulk to destroy this island, this beautiful piece of mystery?"

A long sigh follows, Fury pinches the bridge of his nose. "Just rescue Dr. L/N and secure Rogers. And, I've decided to cut your mission short. Rendezvous time has been changed to tomorrow at noon."

"But we haven't even tracked them down."

"Why is that?"

Bruce scratches his head nervously, "well, Steven hasn't let me near his home, not even before. And he's broken every drone that gets a certain distance away from camp."

"He breaks drones like balloons at a carnival."

"Dr. Banner, what have you been doing all this time? You confirmed Rogers wasn't a threat months ago, and now you're telling me this superhuman has tantrums?"

"It isn't his anger—he is actually a very gentle giant. He's protective and that includes his privacy or the invasion of that."

"Well, Dr. L/N must be distracting him somehow. He won't notice if you send out a few more to track him down." Fury argued, "Seriously, he's a man who's never touched a woman—do you think he'd be staring up at the sky for a flying robot?"

The projection closes swiftly and takes the bright blue light with it. The two scientists stand opposite of each other, Bruce hunched over and examining the incomplete map of the island.

Tony clears his throat, quirking a brow. "You said he was rubbing all up on the poor girl?"

"This is from Bruce but I have never worn. Clothes... I don't like it."

You wait for him to look away, but the man's eyes are fixated on your body. "Uh, Steve?"

The giant inhales deeply. "Yes?"

"Can you close your eyes, please?" Tightening your grip on your shirt, you feel naked but, you'd be lying if you said you hated his heated gaze.

His hand trails under the loincloth around his waist, he groans deeply. "Why?"

"I need to change and I can't if you're looking."

"I scare you?" His wide puppy eyes are wildly different from his looming height and mass shadow.

"No, no. Just—please, I need privacy. Which means you have to look away or close your eyes."

Begrudgingly, Steve turns away and faces the open entrance of the treehouse. With a wide stance and his hands on his hips, his posture is alert, watchful eyes lasered on the entryway. Like he's on guard.

You hurriedly take the shirt and slip it on with caution of your sprained wrist. Neatly folding the torn button-up, you set it on a branch that doubled as a shelf, just in time for a small hand to snatch it through the window.