8 (5/5)*

You're in the cafeteria stirring a pot of soup when the elevator dings open. Tony and Dr. Banner waltzes in with an array of books. Stacked to their chins, all differing in colours and widths.

"Another day, another random question from the man-beast. Today, he asked me what fuck was."

As if on cue, a voice echoes after him as a body emerges from the elevator. "Fuck!"

You hope the world could swallow you whole.

"What did you tell him?" You're already prepared for the mass of muscles that encloses your body, lifting you off the ground in a suffocating but lovely hug. He's shirtless, you don't know how or why because before you left, he was wearing a tight t-shirt.

Steve settles you down and pats your head. Moving to the stove to taste the soup.

Tony slams the books on the counter, grinning wildly. "Both definitions, he only knew of the curse. He was absolutely curious about the other version, asking very detailed questions about the birds and the bees. I answered to the best of my ability, but brought in a specialist and told him to stay away from the internet for help." He smirks at you, tutting his tongue, "Don't worry, Doc, I've got you. Only healthy sex here."

"You can leave if you're done." Your voice is muffled by your hands, you peer through your fingertips.

"Hey, now, don't you want to know what's going to happen to your boyfriend?"

It's been a little over three days since you returned to civilization. Three days of Steve flipping his temporary room upside down whenever you left for work or to just get space—get your mind out of the gutter when he'd grind all over you in his sleep. These three days felt like a month. Being in constant worry that Steve would harm people—but with you in the room, he's obedient and follows instructions from the scientists.

It was also an advantage that Dr. Banner was always present in the room. Someone who was familiar and had a connection with Steve. You thought it was fine, but yesterday, you had to run downstairs in your towel after FRIDAY alerted you that Steve broke a table.

You wanted to stay with him all the time but today you had gone out for lunch with Natasha for a very mandatory conversation. Thankfully, it was more heartfelt than angry. The truth coming from both sides, you telling your wild adventure in the jungle and her confessing that she knew about Steve. She teased you as much as Tony, clever quips about your lover—you don't know why she called him that, the two of you haven't even made-out.

Then, she was called for an abrupt mission down in India and left within an hour.

You didn't know how she did it sometimes.

"What's going to happen to him now?" You try to remain indifferent but fail miserably.

They wouldn't send him back to the jungle, but then what options were left? Keep him captive, or experiment on him, or tell the media and stir up one of the biggest storms in the century.

Dr. Banner takes off his glasses and rubs his eyes. "Well, it depends. It's not a secret that he's formed an attachment to you, specifically. You weren't even the first woman he's seen, so it's not because of that."

Well, that boosted your ego.

So did Steve's delighted hum as he shovels more soup in his mouth. Still hot on the stove.

"You've got the golden stamp of approval from the beast. So, I guess your feelings are reciprocated."

You cover your face with your hands, groaning.

"It's not bad!" Dr. Banner affirms, "I mean, you two having... feelings for each other. Quite the opposite—it's motivational for him, but our studies have shown that he's progressed immensely. Academically, language, writing, he's set to start reading fluency level books next week."