𝙸𝙶𝙽𝙾𝚁𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴

Pushing the feeling aside, I face the dilemma of how to enter the house. It being built like a fortress doesn't help matters. Worse, there isn't any visible lock on the gate.

There is an intercom of some sort at the side, which normally will bring hope to those who know how to use it. But to me, my despair grows.

Technology - 1. Me - 0.

Frustrated, I decide to do the first thing I should have done, call my dad. The phone rings and on the second ring, he picks it up.

"Yes, what happened? Kilosele?" he inquires, the sound of his thick voice makes me smile. Trust dad to answer a call with yes. And for the first time in days, I find that I might actually be missing him.

A soft smile grazes my lips, but my dad's steady breath reminds me I'm on a call.

Without wasting more time, I get to the point. "I am stuck outside the house." Thinking he may wonder which house, I rush to add, "your friend's house that is."

"I know whose house Ayo." He chuckles, then continues, "and why is that? Where did you go? " he asks, and I can picture one of his eyebrows raised.

"Church sir." I inform him briskly. He can't argue with that."I called to ask if you could help me call Mr. Henry and I don't know-"

"You want me to let him know you can't get in, that I can do. Is that all? " his curt tone cuts me short and I get the feeling he's busy.

"Yes sir."

"Alright then," he says, and I just know it means 'Round up'.

"Thank you so much dad. Help me greet mom," I then add, "Kezi and AJ too."

"Sure, do take care of yourself," A second after he says that, he hangs up. I am not surprised. Nineteen years with him and I already know he liked being the one to end a conversation and was not expecting any reply from me whatsoever. Several minutes later, the gate opens and I enter muttering a quick thank God.

On reaching the front door, I stretch my hand to pull it open when it suddenly creaks open. Fear shoots up my spine, till I realize it's Maria. I offer her a grateful smile before stepping into the sitting room, which is glowing with soft yellow lights. I decide to make my way up the stairs when Riley comes walking down the same said stairs, with her hair perfectly straight not one out of place in a baggy sweater and black shorts.

"Great, you are in, "she declares as she walks over to meet me."Dad just called saying you were stuck outside or something, so I had to call the security,"

"Yes. But I am in now," My eyes roam over her face which looks excited a bit. Eventually, I can't help but stare into her striking green eyes.

"Obviously," she rolls her eyes then turns to go into the dining. Abruptly, she stops. "I am the only one home, excluding the house staff, and I would like to take you on that tour I told you about the day you arrived."

Tour.

I rake through my mind trying to remember the moment when she said it and then it pops.

"Oh you mean the time you said you were in the middle of something and can't take me now but you eventually will?" I ask, reminding her about our wonderful introduction.

"Yup," she responds, then asks again. "So are you up for it?"

I can tell without answering she is used to getting her way. So, whether I agree or not she is still going to go through with it. I sigh and finally agree.

She squeals. "I will go get Maria to make something for us before we go."

And before my mouth can agree, my stomach rumbles and we both laugh; mine out of shame, hers out of being right.