𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

Note: There will be a lot of images in this chapter, none of which are mine. I'll advise you to read it online so as to get the best reading experience.

-------------------

"Oh no. It's not a problem showing you." Mrs. Miller's voice drifts into the sitting room as she takes her first step inside.

I straighten myself and try to act composed. My mum is right behind her as they both move further into the sitting room. I can't afford to allow them to see me laughing. Because, how will I explain why I'm laughing?

Luckily, I'm saved from explaining, when Mrs. Miller gestures to Maria. Maria nods and walks toward a dimly-lit passage in the corner of the living room. The one I noticed on my first day here that's barely used. Curious, I and my mum follow Mrs. Miller as she struts towards it.

I gape in shock when my eyes fall on the corridor. Four cream doors stand opposite each other, lining each side of the corridor. The amber light bulbs reflect on the white walls and I'm bedazzled. How haven't I seen this place before?

Mrs. Miller takes a step forward and places her palm on a panel fixed at the entryway of the corridor. A green glow emanates from below her hands and a soft click is heard. Trust me, when I say if I was shocked before now, I'm...I'm, I don't even know what to say.

Mrs. Miller turns to regard us with a simple smile."Sorry, this part of the house is hardly used. So, it was locked up." Mum nods, signifying she is listening. But, I'm sure she's analyzing reasons as to why it was locked up."Anyway, whenever you need to lock your door to bar anyone from coming in. You can lock it from inside with the recorded fingerprint."

Why didn't I get here?

For a second, Mrs. Miller's eyes dart to mine before settling back on my mom. "Here, let me show you to your room, then we can proceed with the scanning."

As we walk, soft heel clicks and slippers slapping the floor are the only sounds that accompany us. We stop in front of the last door on our left. Mrs. Miller proceeds to push the door open. I step in, duffel bags in both arms, and my legs nearly give way.

I don't pay attention as Mrs. Miller shows Mum the other panel. Awe filled, my eyes take in the room at once. Thick dark Gold drapes cover two large windows. Directly opposite them is a large Vanity table, with an enormous mirror.

In the middle of this beauty, is a king-sized bed resting against a wall covered in gold wallpapers. With three large cream pillows that match the sheets, and oddly complement the black duvet laying neatly across it. A flower vase stands at the side of the bed, and cream drawers with gold designs that match the pieces of furniture in the room.

"Wow," My mum whispers behind me as she walks across the marble floor to part the drapes."A wonderful thing you have here."

Mrs. Miller comes to stand beside me, a modest grin on her face."Oh, it's nothing. Just want you to be happy and have the best when you're here."

The remaining part of the sentence I hear is: and see that Mimi will not regret Marrying Nathaniel as she will have the best too. And by the look on mum's face, it seems she heard the unspoken message too.

Mum drums her finger on her lips as she fixes Mrs. Miller a cool gaze."Thank you. We will."

Oh no. Mrs. Miller is leading. Mum is still with 1 point and she's in 2.

Mrs. Miller leaves. While Maria and I finish the task of moving the suitcases in. Mum explores everywhere during this duration. When we are done, Maria informs her dinner will be at seven pm, then shuts the door.