𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽.

Note: This chapter is also unedited. You will find a lot of  punctuation errors and a few mistakes here and there. This is a slight heads up.

******

We spend thirty minutes touring the estate; or neighborhood as Riley likes to call it, and now I know my way around here.

Somewhat.

Simply because it was more of expository sightseeing than anything. Turns out the Miller's mansion is situated quite close to a beach. And Nathan has a private beach house, he doesn't even know about. Riley says it's a secret so I guess I'm meant to keep it too.

Pushing that aside, I now know the church has been there for generations and it was the third generation of the Michaelson family that preached in the church. And also little details on how the security works. And unfortunately, I discover Riley has never left Florida. Never!

It becomes worse. Heard it's due to Nate's influence. Believe me, even as I'm seated right now in a cafe named Bellamy's, I'm still trying to grasp the fact, that Nate has so much influence in the house.

Riley and I choose a table for two, conveniently placed next to a see-through glass. We are left to our thoughts for a moment. I absently stir my milkshake, while she runs her manicured fingers over the rim of her glass.

"Why is it called Bellamy? "I ask, taking a sip from mine. The smooth sugary oozy substance caresses my tongue and then slips down my throat.

Riley takes a sip from her milkshake and then looks up at me."You know if it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting to like you, I could have said that was a very stupid question you asked me but because I am getting to like you, beats me."

I laugh."Fair enough," Before taking another sip of my chocolate milkshake.

Riley takes a bite of her muffin and visibly sighs. Raising her muffin, she declares in awe,"This is pretty good, they are to die for."

"I don't know about dying." I mutter under my breath then to her."I guess they are good."

My gaze drifts to the see-through window, and my eyes roam over the cafes and Malls lining the street. There are other stores on the street, from a Nail store to a Lingerie store to a Hair Salon making the street extremely busy and rowdy.

I look around for the bodyguard Kim and can't see any sign of her, "I can't find Kim." I inform Riley, my eyes shifting from the busy street to hers.

"She's around here somewhere," Riley answers, taking another bite of her muffin and dusting off the leftover crumbs, "probably amid people watching me. She scares people off with her dressing so I told her whenever I'm out casual, she should stay clear. I want to be seen but not see her."

"Isn't she your bodyguard?" I ask, emphasizing the word body.

"I mean, what's the whole point of the body in the word if she is not near you?" I am pretty sure confusion is written all over my face if emotions could be written.

Riley leans back, taking a sip of her milkshake. She finishes her muffin before answering me, "Trust me, if there's trouble, she will be here in a flash. If it's more than she can handle, she calls in for backup from home."

She places her milkshake cup on the table and smooths down her hair. Then adds, "And that is why we can't venture out too far today or at all, on feet."

"Alright, if you say so," I concede. That partially made sense.

We drink the rest of our milkshake in silence. When we are about to round up, a waiter with brown hair dyed blue walks up to us.