Chapter 14~

Omission 

Elise~

Am I hiring someone to move your things? 

"So, tell me more about Micah." Two days later I sat in the small sun room that was located in the back of my mothers new house. The ice that was flouting in my glass of iced tea was slowly starting to melt and condensation was slipping down the frosted glass. 

I looked away from my Micah's text and finally drank some of the cold refreshment down. As much as I wanted to give my mother all of my attention-because she had suggested the visit and I really did miss her-I was utterly distracted. Not to mention, I could really miss the sudden shift of conversation. 

"I think I've told you everything, Mother." We could really talk about something else. Anything else. Even though I loved thinking about the fine ass male that was my significant other, the last forty-eight hours of it had only given me major anxiety. 

I looked back down at my glowing screen and sent him a reply: I'm still thinking x  "...told me how you met." I didn't catch the first half of her sentence as I sent the text. The look I got from the woman when I gave her my attention suggested I save whatever I was doing for later. As if she were helping the situation. "I said, you've never told me how the two of you met." 

Hadn't I? I shifted in the wooden patio chair and forced myself to drop my cellphone into my lap. Later. "Well um-I took a few headshots for him. That's really it." I shrugged then, as if it weren't a pretty important event in my life. 

One of my mother's perfect brows just lifted. "And then what?" 

As if I wanted to get into that with her. No thanks. I really had to ignore the way my cheeks grew warm at the thought. There had been nothing but mutual, sexual arousal between us in the beginning. Now more than ever I was wishing things were still like that. All I could do was shake my head and try not to show how irritated I was becoming. "And then nothing." 

My phone vibrated in my lap and it didn't take me a second to unlock things and open the new text message. This was definitely my way of telling her I didn't want to talk about any of that. 

We can discuss it more tonight? Let me take you to dinner...to celebrate

Just the thought of being near him made me nauseous. Absolutely not. The truth was, I didn't know how to tell him that I didn't want to move in right now. Everything was going great. The studio, my house that I still liked very much, and him. This was enough. 

Thanks, but can't. Having dinner with the family tonight. Sorry 

It was a lie that I was already regretting. It didn't feel good at all. Almost immediately another text from him came through but instead of reading it, I sat my phone to the side. My mother had seemingly abandoned the conversation and was looking off into the yard. I had to cut her some slack. Life on the road had ended for her so that she could be closer to me and Sebastian. It was only fair of me to try. 

"He asked me to move in with him and I don't think it's a great idea." If I was going to confide in anyone about this, she would be a great start. My mother had always been supportive. Only the hint of a frown creased her eyebrows as she looked back at me.