Chapter 12~

Inked

Elise~

I yawned, as I came awake the next morning, rolling over. It was no surprise to bump into something, big, warm and snoring. My guy. My boyfriend. My Sir. Whatever tittle fit the occasion. In his sleep, Micah sighed deeply and grabbed my arm to pull over him. I relished in the moment of being so close; inhaled his scent, leaned in the last few inches to kiss between his shoulder blades. I half expected to be pulled back in when I took my arm back and quietly got up from the bed. 

It was still the early hours of morning and at this time I was usually still asleep...but I had to make up one of the sessions I had missed yesterday. That, plus the regular scheduled sessions in my appointment book had to be done. And don't forget about your parents, Elise. I groaned inwardly at having to fit them into my day. Not that they were an inconvenience but the day had barely begun and I already felt the tingling start of a headache at my temples. 

"You've got this girl..." I assured myself quietly as I peeled off the soft cotton of my night clothes I had changed into the night before after getting out of my soaked outfit from the rain. The ceramic tiles were chilled as I stepped into the large glass shower and turned the metal dial. A million warm drops hit my skin, sending bumps arising that quickly went away as the water became hot. Nearly scolding. 

If Micah were to wake right now and join me he would hiss and twist at the temperature. You damned devil woman, is what he had said not too long ago as he'd found me in this same shower. But no more fuss had been heard from him as he'd become distracted in my plight to soap his tanned, naked flesh. 

I dabbed a healthy amount of shampoo into my palm before I went to lathering and rinsing, then the same ritual was done with conditioner. Before too long, the entire bathroom was fogged up, smelling of flowers and I frowned, scrubbing a soapy sponge over my body. I'd been surprised when one night I had come to shower weeks ago after a long day at work and had found the feminine soaps waiting for use. Another of Micah's doing. 

I enjoyed the male. His attention and affection and everything in between. I may even be falling in love. But, I was afraid of what 'moving to fast' would do. I'd seen it before-in Sebastian's marriage. My brother had been representing Audrey's grandfather, some years ago. Go figured, she fallen into his arms, tangled in his sheets and had gotten pregnant within a few months of their affairs. Just like Camille was pregnant now. Then Sebastian had thought it was right to marry Audrey. And now, after a couple of kids, she was his doormat. 

It would not be me, even though the circumstances with Micah Novaletti would be different. Much. I want your time...your body...your obedience. At which I had responded, You want to control me?  "Give it a rest, Elise," I muttered to myself as I shut the water off and stepped out of the shower. Was I really comparing Micah to Sebastian? Surely not. My brothers definition of control was a universe's difference to Micah's. "You're just a chicken..." I grumbled. 

But it was too late to turn back now. I was in deep with Novaletti, no way to dig myself out. The temperature dropped several degrees as I left the hot bathroom and crossed the bedroom to the closet, glancing to the bed. He was still asleep. Just like in the bathroom, where toiletries had been added to accommodate me into another's life, the closet had slowly became home to feminine clothing to keep Micah's suits company. 

I had a section, I had drawers, a place to store all of the expensive heels the man wouldn't stop buying. I don't think I had been present when half of the things had been bought and added to his closet. Like the short sundress I pulled down now and draped over the chaise. All that was left to do was insist I move in and marry him.