Chapter 4~

Falling In

Micah~

Elise had managed to get under my skin. Without even knowing it, she was going to make this very fucking hard for me. A week had passed and the woman either didn't know how to answer the phone or didn't care to. I'd never had this much trouble with a woman in my entire life. It was in my nature to assume that she was testing me. I was notably irritated and had been horny as hell since our little argument at her studio.

Now, as I walked through one of my newly remodeled properties, I ground my teeth in annoyance. We'd been interrupted before another date could be set. A date-I scoffed. I didn't date, hadn't in years. Just what was she doing to me? I was going insane.

Before I could let the matter hinder my mood anymore than it had for the past week my cellphone began to ring in my hand. When I looked down at the screen, I cursed under my breath. Just what I fucking needed. Annalee. My ex-wife. We'd been divorced for nearly a year now from our toxic, dysfunctional marriage of four years. Thank God. "What?" I snapped into the phone as I answered it.

Truth was, every time I talked to the woman or seen her, all I could think about was walking into our bedroom and finding her naked and on top of some other male in my bed. I should have ended things there but instead I wanted revenge. From there, for a year and a half, we had just slept around on one another.

Me with my endless little play things and her with married men. Annalee had been a whore when I met her and unfortunately, she hadn't changed after marrying me. The thing that had reeled me in from the beginning had been what a fantastic submissive she had made. I'd decided to devote myself to her and her alone which had resulted in her getting her thighs wet for some other male. Several others.

"Don't you just sound so enthused. Who's pissed you off now?" I could imagine she was examining her nails or flipping her red hair over a shoulder, scowling. Elise. Not that I would share that with her, even if it wasn't the little raven haired woman that was getting under my skin.

"What do you want Annalee?" I began to pace in the empty dining room of the house I was standing in.

"Your time. Well, I don't want your time, your son wants your time." She explained. Caleb. Not biologically my child but when his mother and I had started to 'date' he had been a toddler. I didn't have a soft spot for many things; but children was one. Our marriage hadn't been a complete waste and it was all because of him. I'd raised the child as my own and I was his father. There'd been no other way to see it.

"Bring him this weekend. You know you could have just text about this."

"Why? Then I wouldn't have been able to hear your charming voice, baby." Sarcasm dripped from her words and through the receiver. I scowled and wondered why I had chosen such a bitch to marry. Thank God I didn't have to suffer her ferality any longer.

The call ended thirty seconds later with the discussion of Caleb. I felt more irritated now than I had before. While my phone was in my hand, I decided to try Elise again. When I got an automated message instead of a ring I knew that she had blocked my number. Again.

That was it. It was time to pay Miss Connolly another visit.

Elise~