Chapter 1~

The Photoshoot

Elise~

The day had been a success. In the last two months since opening my photography studio every day had been a success. All of those grim nightmares during my times in school and then the few months before getting the studio running had been for nothing. Thank God. I was almost sure it was all too good to be true but until something happened, I could hold off on that thought. And the clientele base I had seemed to be growing by the number as the days went on. Of course I had my hot-shot Attorney brother to thank for that. Sebastian wouldn't hold it over my head though, nor would he the money he had lent me to rent the studio space for six months.

A couple had just left my small office-a couch occupied the corner and a coffee maker sat on top of a table near the door, along with a microwave and a mini fridge-a couple who insisted on a shoot for every milestone reached-the latest being the males graduation from University-when Camille Danvers tapped on the open door and came in. She, like I had been, was a photography major working for me for too little money but insisted on it. Who was I to complain though? She came from a wealthy family and she lived at the expense of her parents.

"You're brother is here, Elise. Insists that's it's important." She announced, looking at me through prescription glasses perched on a pointed nose. She was a tiny girl, with thin, blazing red hair and forest green eyes. Pretty with potential. Indeed, my brother was here and when I glanced through the glass window between the reception area and my office, he was studying one of my framed photo's from my University days, hands stuffed in the pockets of his navy blue slacks.

"It's fine, he can come in." Even if I didn't want to see him, he had every right to barge in whenever. I did owe him, enough money that I knew would take me months to pay back. Camille was gone in a dash. I was shutting my computer down when Sebastian Connolly strode into the room like he owned it and took a seat on the other side of the desk.

We could have passed as twins, with our black hair and golden eyes, but he was several years older than me. Age hadn't gotten the best of him and he was quite handsome. "God, she is a pain." He was referring to Camille, who was just doing her job. When he crossed his ankles on the surface of my desk, I scowled at him.

"Camille is fine, you're just upset because she won't sleep with you." I rolled my eyes and shut my appointment book. It probably had everything to do with the wife and child my brother had at home. He was such a dog and I couldn't wait for the day when Audrey left his ass, as much as I loved him. Whatever. That was their business. Camille wasn't a home-wrecker. "Now, what do you want and please get your shoes off of my desk. You're bothering me."

"Just come to see what my darling little sister is up to this evening." The corners of his mouth turned up and I could tell he was being snide. I reached down into the bottom drawer of my desk and grabbed my purse out.

"I'm going home." To order take-out and start packing up the apartment that I shared with a roommate. The place was too close to the University but too far from the studio. It was time to relocate and I'd signed a lease on an adorable little two-bedroom house only a couple minutes from the studio. A place that I wouldn't have to share with someone.

"Not so fast. I have work for you." Sebastian took his shiny dress shoes from the top of my desk then and stood up. Unless it had anything to do with photography, I wasn't interested and even if it was, an appointment could be made. My brother pulled a business card from the inside of his jacket and slid it across the surface of my wooden desk. "Micah Novaletti. I represent him and the other night at a dinner he mentioned he needed a few profile shots done. I recommended you," Sebastian explained as I picked the card up and read it. Micah Novaletti, Real Estate Broker of Novaletti Realty Inc. The name was certainly a familiar one, considering he owned a brokerage in the city and some in other states, I was sure. Good for him.