Chapter 8~

Surprise Baby 

Elise~ 

"This all part of the fun activities?" I asked Micah a few hours later. He'd suggested we go out and browse the stores in the shopping district after our morning rendezvous. I didn't know to feel about the "edging" but I was far less frustrated than I had been this morning in his bed, I had to admit. 

Micah's chuckle was deep against my ear. His body was like a cloak waiting to be draped over me heavily, as he stood behind me. "Hmm, not unless you're asking me if you can come. But I'm enjoying myself. Do you want those?" He was referring to the black leather Christian Louboutin heel I was holding in my hand.  In my dreams. 

I shot him a 'Yea Right' look over my shoulder and sat the heel back with the other. "No." I answered simply and ignored the other half about coming. I'd had enough of that for the day. I knew that he had liked it. The look in his eyes...the evidence behind his cotton night pants all morning. It was all a bit overwhelming...and erotic, extremely. I walked away from the wall of shoes and went for the clothing. 

And he was funny if he thought I was going to let him buy me anything. Hilarious. I filtered through the dresses to find one for dinner and came away with something very red and tight. "Go try it on..." Micah said closely behind me. I didn't point out that I'd already planned to do that. 

I walked to the back of the shop where there was a lounging spot in front of several dressing rooms. I locked myself inside one and easily pulled my sundress off, leaving me naked. Weird 'no pantie' rule felt strange but like so many things Micah preferred...It was erotic and so inappropriate. The dress was promising-until I couldn't get it over my hips. They were a blessing and a curse. I put my clothes back on and when I left the dressing room, Micah was waiting in a chair. "Doesn't fit...my ass is too big." 

He chuckled at my scowl, "Go find something else." 

"I don't feel like shopping, Micah. Can't we just go eat? Nothing fancy...like a burger and fries?" My stomach growled at the thought alone of something greasy and unhealthy filling it. I liked the guy but I swear if he fed me one more organic thing, I was going to ditch and block his number again. There was a reason why I couldn't get that dress over my ass. 

"Whatever you want, baby." Micah stood up from the seat and I didn't even have time to wonder if this whole 'baby' name calling was too soon. My eyes dropped to the gift bag in his hand, with the name of the shop written on it. He didn't

"What is that?" I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my gaze on him. The only answer I got was a threatening smile. "Listen...I don't need you to buy me things. I have my own money. You barely know me and-" Buying me dinner was one thing but eight-hundred dollar heels? No. 

"Don't start with me. Come on, let's go get a burger." Micah held his hand out and gave me that serious look he often wore that said 'Try me, I dare you.' It almost made me roll my eyes. Almost. I wanted to stay on the side where he was buying me cheeseburgers and calling me baby. Not the 'Can I come?' and spankings side. There was only so much of that I could take in a week. I'd had my fill. 

So, I took his hand and let him pull me from the shop. Twenty minutes later we sat in a small diner and he stared across at me with amuse as I moaned over a slab of meat between two buns and enough fries to feed an entire kindergarten class. It was strangely pleasant to watch him eat with his hands for once. Those big, beautiful hands that had so much skill and knew what they wanted and did it well. 

By the time we got back to his house, the sun was setting and I was tired; from the morning activities and the outing. Micah took a call as soon as we got in, so I went upstairs to put the huge tub to good use with a glass of wine. It was like dipping down into a hot mini pool with a cloud of bubbles. Certainly relaxing. I was so full from dinner that falling asleep would be easy. I took full advantage; drank my wine and welcomed the tingle the hot water had my skin doing.