Chapter 2~

Southern Hospitality

Elise~

I really didn't have time for this and I considered ignoring Micah Novaletti's invitation. I had things to pack and move, plus the demands from the studio. I wondered if he made a habit of inviting people out-through his assistant, might I add-and if they jumped at it? Probably. I had to remind myself that this little meeting with Micah would be strictly business. I kicked myself at least a hundred times-between the time I had gotten the call and by the time I pulled into the restaurant-for not telling his assistant that she could tell her boss to come to the studio if he wanted to talk about the session. 

Aside from insistent, I had a feeling that Micah Novaletti was mysterious; throughout my workday, I kept busy, tried not to think of what the meeting would entail but failed miserably. I wondered the things he would ask me... would he be borderline brooding like this morning? After the studio was closed for the day, I went home-the apartment that wouldn't be home for long-and changed my clothes. I wasn't trying to impress him at all; the change into jeans and a more professional blouse was mainly because it had gotten breezy out. 

I'd even brought prints of his pictures so that they could 'be discussed'. Really, I was surprised to find that the 'details' Tiffany Nash had sent me via email, was just a regular little restaurant close to downtown. I'd expected something so much more elaborate coming from him but I wasn't going to complain. 

The place was surprisingly packed for a weekday, with all types of people; a family of four where the little girl was stubbornly frowning down at her plate. An old couple, talking quietly to one another as they ate. There was a group of wailing teenagers...the list was long and the place was bustling with noise from the patrons and from the back. A waitress flew passed me looking stressed to the max and that was when I spotted him. 

Mr. Novaletti looked the exact same as he had this morning; handsome in his suit, in charge, and staring across at me. All of a sudden I felt anxious and forgot all about everyone else in the place. I didn't like it and the sooner I got this over with, the better. I jerked my chin towards the florescent lights and made my way through tables and had to step around a few feet and even a purse. The spot he had chosen was by the windows, secluded almost and private. His long legs were stretched under the table and when I closed in he got up from his seat. 

"Miss Connolly," He greeted me and the soft, unforced smile he gave me almost had my knees buckling. Micah Novaletti was glad to see me. Really, he could have done without the standing and I was just glad he didn't try and pull the chair out for me. Business meeting, I reminded myself and we sat down together. 

"Mr. Novaletti. How are you?" However, the smile I gave him from across the table was forced. My god those eyes were like none I had seen before. They seemed to stare right through me and something about them changed in a second. 

"You're late...again." He pointed out as I was pulling the photo's from my purse. I frowned but I didn't look at the time or acknowledge it. From the way he shifted in his seat, I could tell he didn't like to be ignored. What did it even matter? I was doing this on my own time. "What's that?" When I glanced up at him, he nodded towards the pictures. I wanted to ask him if it was obvious but decided against it. 

"A few of your photo's. You did want to meet and discuss them, right? That's what your assistant said." 

An amused smile spread across his face, those dimples threatening to come out and play. Micah shook his head, "No." 

"Then what do you want?" I demanded, letting frustration get the better of me. And in a second I could hardly stand him...He was a novel too complex for me, which was why I needed to just stand up and walk away.