Chapter 2

"Now we're ready" I say as I push the small red rose that I picked up earlier today into the side of Allison's hair. I'm so excited to show her off at this party, words can't describe how amazing she looks. She doesn't need makeup but Cindy really worked her magic, I just hope she feels good about herself. 

"Where is this party?" she asks me, 

"Downtown, the car is already here to pick us up, lets go" I say as I grab her hand. 

We walk down the stairs and climb into the stretch limousine that is waiting outside, the guys are already in there waiting for us. 

"Hey!" Ian greets us. All the guys have their dates with them and I can feel the girls looking Allison over. They all knew my ex and I can feel that they are curious about the situation. 

"This is Alice" I tell them. 

"Hi!" Nicole says, "Matt's told me about you, its nice to finally meet you!" she says enthusiastically.  

"Its nice to meet you guys" Allison smiles sweetly and looks down at her feet. 

"You look beautiful!" Megan says softly as Allison takes her place next to her in the limo. I'm glad that they're being nice. They know whats going on but you never know with girls.

The limo ride is quick and before I know it we're at the event. 

 I grab Allison's hand and she smiles up at me with a worried look on her face, "Don't worry, I promise its going to be fun" I reassure her.

I'm the first to step out of the limo and I keep a firm hold on Allison's hand. I help her step carefully out, and then there are flashes everywhere. We walk up the carpet, stopping once for pictures and then make our way into the venue. As soon as we get into the place I get stopped by important people from the record label asking me questions about business and all of the boring stuff. I don't want to have to leave but before I know it I'm being dragged off in a random direction leaving Allison alone in the middle of the crowded room, standing alone, with an apprehensive look on her face. Even though she looks wary, she's beautiful and I wish I didn't have to take my eyes off of her. 

Allison's POV

I look around, I'm in a huge mansion, brightly lit by the hanging chandelier in the middle of the room. There are two spiral staircases leading to an upper level but it looks as though everyone is staying on this main floor. 

"Oh my goodness, your dress is incredible!" I hear a girl squeal from behind me. I turn around to see a pretty brunette standing there, done up in a gorgeous dark purple evening gown. She stretches her hand out to me for a hand shake, "I'm Carly, I don't think I've seen you at one of these events before" she says. 

"Oh I haven't been to one before actually" I say shyly, "My name is Alice." I had to continue to use the name Alice, Josh and Matt were the only ones who knew everything and my officers wanted me to stay on the safe side of things. 

"Are you with someone here?" she asks, and I nod my head. 

"Don't be shy" she says sweetly, "Come on lets go and get some champagne or something!" 

We walk through the crowd to one of the bigger ball rooms where there is food and drinks. 

"So you come to these events a lot?" I ask her. 

"Yeah I'm signed on this label so they try and get us all out to these kinds of parties, I don't really mind though, they're usually pretty fun!" she replies, as she grabs two flutes of champagne from one of the waiters walking by and hands one to me.