Chapter 6

Josh's POV

"Let me see that" I say, taking the photograph out of Allison's frozen hands.

I look down to see that it is a picture of us at the event from a few weeks ago but her face is circled in black sharpie. What was this? Who did this? Was it a threat? A fan who didn't approve? My head feels like it's being pulled in every different direction. We both just stand there, at a loss for words.

"Can we go inside?" Allison asks, grabbing one of my hands and pulling me toward the door.

I catatonicly nod my head yes and unlock the door, fumbling with my keys.

We walk inside and Allison heads straight for the bathroom and I notice her hands are shaking. I decide to give her some space and I go over and sit down on the couch, studying the photograph I hold in my hands. Flipping it over I realize that there is some writing on the back. 

I was better for you than she'll ever be, you'll see that soon enough. 

I let out a big sigh of relief, it was only Amanda. I could handle Amanda. 

Something about her message felt like she was planning to make it fall apart like she was plotting something to break us up. I assume that she was trying to scare Allison and remind her, and me, of everything that went down that night only a few weeks ago. Alli needed to stay out of the public eye, if Amanda found this picture than so could Seth. I didn't know where he was in the world but for all I knew he could still be looking. At that moment Allison emerged from the bathroom, 

"Do you think we should notify my officers?" she asks me in a quiet voice. 

I turn to look at her, "No need. It was Amanda, she left a little message on the back" I reply, waving it in the air. 

Allison walks over and takes the picture from my hand, reading the back and the letting out a deep sigh. All she manages to do is look at me with sadness in her eyes. I reach out and take her hand, 

"She doesn't know anything. Nothing is going to happen to us" I say gently. She just nods her head and gives my hand a squeeze. 

"I genuinely thought it was Seth" she replies. 

"Don't worry about him, he won't come near you, I promise."

She flops down on the couch next to me and I pull her against my chest. 

"Thanks for taking me out tonight" she says to me with a half hearted smile. 

"Thanks for being my arm candy, sweet cheeks" I joke in response, she giggles in response and squirms away from my attempt to tickle her sides. 

"Stop!" she squeaks in a high pitched tone, and I pull her into my lap for a tight embrace. 

"If your hear wears thin

I will hold you up

And I will hide you when it gets too much.

I'll be right beside you,

Nobody will break you" I softly sing into her ear, meaning every word. 

"Don't go on tour" she whispers leaning into me and I feel my heart ache a little bit. Leaving for so long is never easy but it's even worse when you have someone at home waiting for you to come back. 

"Will you come and see one of the shows?" I ask. 

"Of course I will, just tell me when and where" she says, turning to smile at me with those green eyes of hers sparkling.