𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔

Fire spread throughout the land as an armed man marched through the city, firing at the citizens. 

Emerging from the fire and smoke, two girls watched in shock as their home burnt to the ground. In the distance, they saw a tall man, killing a guard in rage. The man noticed the two girls and began walking towards them.

The oldest girl with short pink hair and dirty clothing pushes her small sister behind her protectively.

They both had fear in their eyes once he approached them, towering above them both due to his height.

The older girl watched as he gestured to the side sadly. Looking over, there were two bodies on the ground.

Their parents.

The small girl with blue hair had dirt and tears running down her face as she clings to her sister's arm. The older girl tried being brave in front of her little sister but couldn't hold it in.

Tears fell from her eyes as her sister tried comforting her. The tall man watched them both in sadness as the older girl fell to her knees unable to hold herself.

The man looked between the small children and parents as his gloves dropped to the ground.

*****

The tall man walked away from the destruction which was getting destroyed by the fire. In each of his arms were one of the girls. The older girl watched in anger as she was carried away from her home as the armed men walked back in.

She knew she would do anything to protect her sister.

Whatever it takes.

word count: 252