𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

There was chattering in the room as Vander sat behind the bar, messing around with two containers in boredom.

He stared into space, tossing with the cylinders in one hand and holding his pipe in the other. He heard the faint ring of the bell from an opening door, "Welcome to The Last Drop." Vander greeted.

He immediately stopped what he was doing and glared at the figures who walked into the room.

Enforcers.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch them walk towards Vander. Vander carefully put the cylinder back on the shelf behind the bar as the enforcers reached the bar, one taking off his mask.

"What can I get you?" Vander asked

"Five sump-rats will do." The enforcer spoke, which made Vander narrow his eyes. "Search the place." He instructed, making the two enforcers behind him go in different directions

Vander watched the enforcers every move, "While you're wasting your time, how about a proper drink?" He offered.

"I'll take the strongest shit you got." The enforcer said.

Vander reached down, grabbing a bottle from the shelf. Without the enforcer's knowledge, he secretly pressed a small button.

*****

A small winding monkey fell down a pipe. As it hit the bottom, it turned on, its eyes glowing red and it began making noise.

Powder and Ekko were looking at the newer monkey bomb Y/n made for Powder. On the couch, Y/n's head was laying on Vi's lap as Vi played with her hair. Vi gazed at her, hoping it would take some stress off her mind, which it did.

Their silence was broken when a small monkey fell, causing their heads to shoot up, alerting them.

*****

An enforcer slowly made his way down the stairs. He slowly opened the door, revealing an empty room with all lights off.

He made his way down the unsteady stairs, shining a light on a small monkey hat laid on the floor, before moving on. The enforcer made sure to look in every vent, every small spot where a young teen may be hidden.

What he didn't know was the people he was looking for, was right above his head.

Before he entered, each child found a spot in the ceiling.

Ekko looked at Y/n in worry and gestured to Powder. Vi was focusing on the faint voice of Vander above, so she didn't notice Powder immediately. Her legs were secure but her hands were slowly slipping. Her hands slipped slightly, making a noise while doing so.

The enforcer heard the soft sound, which made him look around for the source.

The room became more tense, as Powder continued slipping but the enforcer wouldn't leave. Vi became worried, knowing that her sister wouldn't be able to hold on for much longer.

As the enforcer took another quick look through the room, he clicked the door shut.

Powder fell from the ceiling, landing with a thump. Y/n carefully landed on both feet next to her, making sure the small girl was okay.

*****

Upstairs, both guards returned as Vander and the enforcer had a stair off. The enforcers shook their heads, signaling that they found nothing.

The enforcer was angry, he wasted his time for nothing. Vander smirked slightly and shrugged, which made the man across from him even more angry.

"You people down here are all the same," He stood from leaning on the countertop, "mistaking arrogance for bravery. You think you're standing up for something, but we all know there is a crime behind every coin that passes through this place." Everyone stayed silent. He slowly turned back to Vander, "You're just a small man in a little hole the world forgot to bury."

He began turning around as he was about to leave, but instead he took out an espantoon and whacked the glass which had fire in it. As he whacked the glass, breaking it, the fire spread across the table, "And I'm going to bury the lot of you!" He spoke angrily before walking out, leaving a disappointed Vander

*****

The door to the lounge where the teens were slammed open, revealing Vander, "Are you all okay?"

Vi hopped down, grunting slightly once her body collided with the floor. She quickly got up and faced Vander, "No, we're not okay. They almost saw Powder, what if they took her!"

Powder turned on the lights again as Ekko slowly climbed down, slightly nervous to fall. He saw Y/n at the bottom, waiting to catch him.

"No one is taking any of you, never let that happen." Vander tried calming Vi down.

Ekko landed in Y/n's arms and quickly thanked the girl with a smile before going off to see Powder.

"You heard him, they won't stop. We need to fight back!" Vi declared. She hit her fist on the wall, making dust fall. "And if you won't, I will."

"Vi... as much as I agree I don't think it would be a good idea, what if something goes-" Y/n wanted to reason with her, but she wouldn't listen.

"No! We need to do something! I don't care if you agree or not! We can't just sit here anymore!" Vi shouted at the girl, causing everyone's eyes to widen. Y/n wasn't hurt, just shocked. She had never heard Vi yell at her before.

Silence fell amongst them all as they were unsure what to say. Vander sighed before speaking, "I've heard this kind of talk before..." He gestured for Vi to follow, and the rest of them to stay.

*****

Vi and Vander stood at the bridge in silence. Almost an awkward silence. Vi was starting to get fed up from doing nothing so she spoke, "Why are we here?"

Vander sighed, "You still don't understand..."

"What I don't understand is how you can work with them." Vander's eyes widened in shock, then disappointment. "We were here, we saw what they did! I grew up knowing I'm less than them, that my place is down there. I want Powder to have more than that and I'm willing to fight for it!"

"So was I. I was angry just like you." Vander spoke calmly. "I led us across this bridge, thinking things could change. If I hadn't... both yours and Y/n's parents would be alive."

Vi's head slowly looked up at him, curiously. Y/n had never talked about her parents or what happened, she didn't know why. Vander could see her interest.

"Y/n's father was in Benzo's place. He was my second in command and supported every decision. He even followed me across the bridge, unaware of his wife or daughter's presence on the other side. We all were separated, and I never saw him again. Y/n was smart enough to know what was going on." Vander paused, "I know you wanna hurt the topsiders for what they've done to us, but who are you willing to lose? Mylo? Claggor? Powder? Y/n?"

Vi stayed silent.

Vander walked over to the other side of the bridge, right next to Vi. "Nobody wins in war, Vi."

The thunder rumbled as Vi slouched and slowly leaned on Vander's shoulder.

"What are we going to do? The enforcers will come back..." She asked.

"I... I don't know. I'll, uh, I'll figure it out..." he said.

They both sighed, and Vi began thinking.

She wasn't willing to lose anyone, not now.

A/n

Please don't judge the small background of Y/n, I'm not good at that stuff, also I fell like this chapter was absolute shit so I apologize-

word count:1209