56

ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ

ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ

Isshiki grew back to his normal size and collapsed to his knees as chakra needles continuously pierced through his skin. Shrinking down to a small size was useless with Shisuis ability and it was almost impossible to dodge the needles launched out with his accuracy and Makis speed. Together, the two of them made a great team and Isshiki found himself growing more and more irritated by each passing moment.

"Maki, you still have energy?" Shisui asked in concern. He didn't know why but Maki seemed more tired than usual, if he had to make an assumption it would be because of the non-stop use of nine-tails chakra mode. From what his little sister told him a few years ago, this chakra mode took quite the effect on her body, sucking away at her energy and exhausting Kurama. 

Maki nodded silently, panting as sweat ran down her face and dropped to the surface she stood on, that being a solidified form of Kuramas chakra. She brought up the sleeve of her sweater to wipe her face before placing one of her swords into her mouth and placing all three in a triangle. Kuramas large for copied her, the armored susanoo covering the yellow giant creating it's own susanoo swords. She braced herself into a running position, bending her left knee forwards while her right remained behind it only slightly before sprinting forwards with great speed.

Isshiki clicked his tongue and willed several of the large cubes to fall down after her but none seemed fast enough so he took things into his own hands and summoned chakra rods, however instead of them being regular sized they were enlarged enough to pierce a clean hole through Kurama just as the sword held in Makis right hand cleanly sliced the horn on his head.

The chakra rod was steadily draining Kuramas chakra so Maki knew she needed to end this fight quickly.

The clatter of his horn falling was unexpectedly clamorous in the wide space they had been fighting in, the temperature suddenly dropping to a dangerous low and it took the two a moment to realize Isshiki had teleported them somewhere else. Around them were endless fields of white that crunched softly as the susanoo-Kurama stepped around.

 They were surrounded by a field of snow and for some reason it reminded Maki of when she was a young child, rolling balls of snow to place them atop one another alongside Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura until they'd made horrible replicas of the four of them. Sasuke, ever the perfectionist, had perfectly sculptured his hair into his snowman while Naruto's had fallen apart. She remembers how Sakura and her laughed at the two as they began to fight.

"OI! You're getting distracted!" Kuramas voice forced her focus to return and she sheepishly smiled before gripping her swords and facing Isshiki. However, prior to doing so Shisui had captured her attention.