part 9

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.

"And then he said, oh, we can't be friends. Like, who says that? What does that mean? And he was already gone by the time I woke up this morning. No goodbyes, no nothing." Jisung was speaking with his face pushed into the pillow, but it barely muffled the volume of his words.

Seungmin patted him sympathetically on the shoulder.

"You know what," Jisung said suddenly, flipping over and startling Felix. "I want to go out. If I was this depressed in England right now, I'd go out and get drunk and forget what I was depressed about.'

Felix pulled a face that seemed to be uncertain agreement. "Same, if I were you but in Australia.'

"But we're not old enough to drink here," Seungmin pointed out. Jisung pouted.

"There are international college student parties happening all over Seoul, and I can definitely find someone to flirt with for alcohol. Please? I don't want to be sad anymore." Jisung turned his doe eyes on Seungmin, who just groaned slightly.

"Fine, hyung. But you're taking the lead here. I've never done this before." Seungmin raised his eyebrows as he spoke. "I will be no help in this situation."

'We won't need help! I did this all the time back at home, and I'm sure he did too in England. It's all about acting." Felix's confidence was contagious, and Jisung sat up with a smile.

"Okay, we need to change. Mature clothes, something that makes you look grown up and... sexy. I'll find us somewhere to drink first, somewhere that might serve us. And then we find a party."

Felix had a lightbulb moment. "Oh! Easy. In our room the other night, I heard Hyunjin talking to someone on the phone about a party. He said the address. We'll go there."

Jisung could scream with joy, and he practically forced the boys out his room, ordering them not to come back until they looked at least three years older. He turned his attention to his own outfit. He was desperate to look good, desperate for the confidence boost and the rush that came with knowing you look good.

He didn't have much, but he pulled out a long sleeved black shirt and a pair of straight black pants, fastening them with a gold belt and slipping a thin gold chain around his throat. The same shade of gold was painted on his ears in the form of a thin, delicate ear cuff and a pair of small gold hoops, and he stroked a drop of clear gel through dirty blonde hair. Throwing a black blazer with a mesh panel running down the back and threads of fine gold twisted throughout the stitching over his shoulder, he was ready to go. He looked good.

Fast forward a couple of hours, and Jisung felt even better. They'd found an admittedly seedy bar in downtown Seoul, not too far from the party that Hyunjin had mentioned, and had ordered a bar's worth of alcohol to their table. They were all feeling the rush.

They all had followed the criteria to a T when getting ready; Felix was cool in a white shirt and a pair of white pants with navy stitching, perfectly matching the flush of blue glitter that he'd streaked through his hair. Seungmin looked elegant in a pale blush-pink shirt and black jeans with a matching oversized black coat.

"You know, I think you guys are my best friends," Jisung said, his words only slightly fusing together.

"Oh, hyung...!" Felix cooed.

"This is fun! We're having fun!" Seungmin grinned from his seat next to Jisung. His cheeks were flushed pink and usually glimmering eyes were almost ignited with sparkles.

"So, this party..." Jisung started. Seungmin hopped up from his seat at the sound of the word, glancing at his friends before throwing back the last of the drink in his cup. He looked like an excited puppy.