part 16

*°:⋆ₓₒ

The drive back to the dorms was unusually quiet. The cool night air seemed to seep in through the windows and it created an uneasy chill. When they finally pulled up on the street where the dorm building was, Hyunjin hopped lightly out of the backseat. Both Jisung and Minho seemed reluctant to move. 

"I'm going to find Felix," Hyunjin beamed at them both as they finally emerged from inside the car. Jisung noted that Hyunjin was completely unaware of the storm that he had caused to rage inside his head. 

Hyunjin bounded off in the direction of the room that he shared with Felix. Minho and Jisung paused, suddenly awkward, both still waiting on either side of the car. The silence lingered, swelling and growing around them until Minho could no longer bare it.

"I want to kiss you again," he said plainly. 

Jisung's eyes grew wide and he realised he was struggling to draw in another breath. It wasn't what he had expected, not at all, and he wasn't sure how to respond. He wasn't used to people saying so clearly what they wanted, especially not Minho.

"Is that not allowed?" Minho prompted as Jisung still searched for a fully-formed thought. He wasn't having much luck.

Minho sighed and stepped away from the car, walking with long strides to Jisung's side so that he was standing in front of the shorter boy. Jisung became hyper-aware of the heat radiating from Minho's body and the now familiar scent of the fresh smelling aftershave that he always seemed to wear. He didn't know where to look, so he looked down. Minho didn't like this and he pressed one slim finger underneath Jisung's jaw and tilted his face back upwards.

"What did Hyunjin say while I was gone?" Minho asked. His voice was even and Jisung didn't want to lie.

"He asked if we've slept together yet," Jisung answered. His voice shook slightly.

A blush crept across Minho's face, spanning high cheekbones and the straight line of his nose. He cocked an eyebrow at Jisung who just shrugged and tried to look away again. Minho held his face tighter in his hand. 

"What else? I don't think that was it," he pried.

There was another thought-filled silence. Jisung was struggling to concentrate with Minho this close, never mind with his fingers still lingering on his jaw. He swallowed the lump in his throat and let his eyes dart between Minho's. He liked the older boys eyes, now that he was really allowed to look at them. They felt honest and this gave Jisung the courage to speak.

"He said a lot of weird things. Like, that you don't really kiss people. But you kissed me. And that you don't care about people. But you said you care about me. And that usually you use people for sex. But you haven't had sex with me. Does that mean you don't like me?" Jisung regretted speaking instantly. Even to his own ears, he sounded whiny, childish. 

Minho's lips pulled upwards into a grin. "Do you want to have sex with me?"

Jisung glared at him. A frown grew over his face and he tried to look down at his feet. Why was he making things difficult for himself? It had been so nice with Minho, and now he was going to ruin it by being self-conscious and pathetic. Minho tutted and bent down so he could tilt his head upwards to meet the younger boy's eyes again.

"Hyunjin doesn't know me as well as he thinks, it seems," Minho said. "I did use people for sex, once. I haven't done that in a while. People I don't care about, people I can use for a brief spark before they burn out. But he's right about the other things. I don't usually kiss, and I don't usually care, not... not in a romantic way." 

Jisung frowned but Minho shook his head lightly before he continued.

"I didn't think I ever could. I thought I was broken. I thought I was just incapable of forming relationships. Some people are just like that."