part 10

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚

The party had suddenly gotten far too quiet. And cold, too. And where had all the lights gone? And the people? And... the walls? Wait, was Jisung outside? He wasn't sure what was happening but he wanted to be back at the party, surrounded by people having fun.

He could feel the sharp outline of a brick wall behind his back and when he moved his hands, they scraped against the concrete pavement on the roadside. Above him, the stars were almost hidden by a canopy of trees. He was outside, on the side of the road. Why? Where were Felix and Seungmin? Jisung groaned as he tried to push himself to his feet.

A hand on his shoulder pushed him back to the ground.

"I wouldn't. I don't think you'll get far," said a low voice from beside him.

It was an effort to turn his head, but Jisung forced himself to do it. His eyes felt out of focus. When they adjusted, he saw an unfamiliar boy beside him. Wait... Wasn't this Hyunjin's friend? Jisung fumbled around with the names in his head, trying to remember what Hyunjin had called him.

"Innie?" Jisung mumbled. His mouth felt dry so the name came out as a croak.

"Jeongin," the boy answered. Jisung nodded.

"Where am I, Jeongin? Are you kidnapping me? You don't look old enough to be kidnapping me..." Jisung frowned as he spoke. If he had been able to focus, he would've seen Jeongin's face pull up into a smile.

"No, I'm not kidnapping you. You're either far too drunk, or you've taken something. Minho is coming to pick us up."

The sound of Minho's name sent something freezing cold running down Jisung's spine, fear closing thin, skeletal fingers around his ribs. He tried again to scramble to his feet, panic setting in in the space between his lungs, but Jeongin held onto him tightly.

"I won't talk to him. Lee Minho. I won't talk to him, I won't say a word, I don't want to-" Jisung was shouting at this point. He thrashed pointlessly against Jeongin's grasp. God, this kid was strong.

"You don't have to speak to him. But we couldn't find your friends, and Hyunjin said you and Minho share a dorm room. So we called him. He said he would come pick you up." Jeongin didn't look at Jisung as he spoke. He gazed with sleepy eyes into the road.

"Did he sound angry?" Out of nowhere, Jisung sounded sad. "About coming to get me?"

Jeongin glanced over at Jisung. It was hard to believe that the boy beside him was a good two years older. Sat down on the pavement, his eyes dazed and his lips parted slightly, he looked like a child. Jeongin felt bad.

"No, not angry. He was working, but he said he'd come straight here. That's a good thing, right?" Jeongin tried to appease Jisung who's eyes were starting to shine with tears.

"I don't think he thinks I'm a good thing," Jisung mumbled.

"He doesn't think anything's good. That's Minho. He's just like that," Jeongin said with a twisted smile.

Before Jisung could reply- not that he had anything to say- they were suddenly illuminated by a glaring pair of headlights. They reflected off the neon patches on Jeongin's clothes and blinded Jisung, who covered his eyes with one hand.

"What...?" Jisung breathed as Jeongin stood up and walked over to the car.

Jisung watched Jeongin walk over to the front passenger seat and open the window. He exchanged a few words with the driver. Jisung couldn't make out what they were saying, but then Jeongin had firm hands under his armpits and was pulling him up to his feet. Jeongin half led, half carried the older boy to the car and went to open one of the back doors.