part 23

.•*•.•*•.

"Surprise!"

Jisung tried to crane his neck from where he was laid in bed, aiming to see who was stood outside the door. Minho let out a groan before he stepped back, allowing Felix and Seungmin to fall over the threshold.

They were both wrapped up in hats and scarves and thick padded jackets. Seungmin was holding a bouquet of flowers. Felix had a bottle of wine. They were about to show off their gifts before Felix paused.

"Hyung, it's 3pm. Why are you still in bed?" he asked.

Jisung looked like he had barely moved. This was because he hadn't.

"I'm on bed rest, apparently. Even though it's been, like, five days, and the doctor said I definitely do not need to be on bed rest anymore." Jisung sounded like he'd had this conversation a million times over.

Minho had been enforcing the bed rest rule. He made sure Jisung was comfortable at all times, spending most of it curled up with him. Minho bought and cooked all of Jisung's food. He helped him go to the bathroom, into the shower, helped him change his clothes... Jisung was growing worried that he would have to start paying Minho as his live-in carer.

"Anyway, these are for you!" Seungmin handed over the flowers. Jisung's face felt like it could split into two, he was smiling that wide.

"And this is from me. Figured this is what you would've got if you were still in England," Felix grinned as he handed over the bottle of wine.

Before Jisung could take it, Minho swooped in.

"What? The doctor said you can't drink on your meds," Minho said, doe-eyed.

"Oh my GooooooooooooooOOOOoOoooOd," Jisung wailed. "Hyung, you are becoming insufferable."

Felix and Seungmin's eyes widened. They seemed to be in sync as they both glanced nervously at Minho, who was tucking the bottle of wine away in one of the cupboards that he shared with Jisung. Both of the younger boys were scared that Jisung's outburst would annoy him. Instead, he seemed to be holding back a smile. When he noticed the boys looking at him, he disguised it with a cough and pretended to glower.

"Honestly," continued Jisung, staring at Felix and Seungmin. "He's only let me out of here once, and that was to go get my dressing changed. I'm a prisoner."

Felix and Seungmin tried to supress giggles as Minho rolled his eyes.

"Am I still here? Have I suddenly become invisible?" he frowned, looking down sarcastically at his hands as though he was checking they were still there.

Minho ducked as a pillow went flying over his head. Jisung sat looking sulky in his bed - not because he'd thrown the pillow, but because he'd missed. Minho shot him a look, one eyebrow raised.

"Are we going to do this in front of your friends?" Minho asked seriously.

Jisung struggled to hold in a giggle. "Why not?"

Felix and Seungmin stared at each other in confusion. Their eyes were quickly drawn away, though, as Minho sighed, grabbed the pillow from behind him, and pounced on Jisung.

"I'll pay you back properly for this when you're better," he warned, before he started to hit Jisung with the lightest of touches of the pillow.

Jisung was laughing, squirming under the covers and making tiny mock screams. The pillow was ticklish, and Minho kept tilting his back so he could slip a hand under the covers, too, tickling Jisung's collarbones whenever he thought Felix and Seungmin couldn't see. They could.