Chapter 12

Zhenyuan had fallen asleep leaning on his workspace. He had intended to sleep there, not wanting to return to his room to face Yaxuan.

The moment he opened his eyes that morning, he was surprised to see a cute face staring at him. He gasped and sat up. "Yaxuan, what are you doing in here?"

"I couldn't just sleep when you were mad at me."

If that statement was said to Dongyu, it would probably make her heart flutter. He sat up and rubbed his head. "Let's just not talk about it."

"Are you mad at me?"

Zhenyuan looked at him for a moment before he shook his head. "I'm mad at myself, not really...you. I think we shouldn't spend much time together to avoid things like that."

"No!" Yaxuan screamed. "Fine I'm sorry, it was all my fault, I'll control myself next time."

"It's not just you Yaxuan. It's also me. I'm afraid that...I won't be able to control myself." Zhenyuan admitted in embarrassment.

"Wait what?" Yaxuan asked him excitedly. "That would mean you like me too right?"

"It doesn't mean I like you." Zhenyuan rolled his eyes. "It's complicated. You just look exactly like my former best friend Xuan, and I guess I'm beginning to realize that I would have liked Xuan back if he actually liked me, or if he told me that he liked me."

"Well I'll still count it as something that means you like me," he smiled.

"Hey just go and walk my sister to school will you? We're not going to talk about this." Zhenyuan stretched. "I need to go have a shower."

Yaxuan nodded. "Fine."

Even when Yaxuan left the house with Dongyu, he was particularly happy and satisfied as he continued to remember what kissing Zhenyuan felt like. Yaxuan was already head over heels for Zhenyuan, but at this point it almost made him feel like that kiss had made things worse for him.

"Hey you keep smiling today, what's up?" Dongyu asked him curiously as they reached the school campus.

"Well because I'm around you of course." Yaxuan answered dishonestly. He didn't like lying, but he was simply obeying what Zhenyuan had advised him.

Dongyu pushed her hair behind her ear shyly and looked down. "Hey we're having a school dance soon and I could bring whatever date I want. Would you like to come with me?"

Yaxuan forced a smile and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Dongyu squealed. "Really Yaxuan!? Thank you! Thank you so much!" She wrapped her arms around him in a hug, then quickly pulled away. "Oh I'm sorry for that."

"It's okay, it was sweet." Yaxuan patted her head.

Some students were outside and had seen Yaxuan and Dongyu, most of them curious about whoever seemed to be Dongyu's new love. She was quite excited because she knew the story would reach her exes.

"Thanks for walking me to school. I have to go now." She said quickly and started to run to the school building, then turned around once more to Yaxuan and waved him. He smiled and waved back at her.

Dongyu walked through the halls and was met by the curious faces in the school hall, just the way she expected and she liked. Some students were whispering to each other about her curiously.

"Hey," a familiar voice said as he approached her. "Who's that guy you were with?"

It was her ex-boyfriend Zuo Hang. She frowned. "What's your business? You're jealous?"

Zuo laughed. "I'm not jealous, trust me I wouldn't be. Just that he really looks like Xuan. Is he dating your brother or something?"

Dongyu widened her eyes and laughed in disbelief. "Why would he date my brother and not me? That sounds ridiculously shady Zuo."

"Why would he date someone like you?" Zuo answered seriously then started to walk off.

"He's so mean." She mumbled to herself.