Chapter 3

Scarlett's POV

I made my way down to the boardwalk once again passing the house that was falling in on one side. 'What happened there' I wonder. Soon I was going to learn what happened to the house, 'I'm going to explore it,' I thought.

I finally arrived at the boardwalk and was greeted with bright lights from all over and people everywhere making the area crowded. I walk down the boardwalk looking at several stores, rides, and food stands. None that interested me to go into or spend my money on.

I finally seen a store that caught my interest and it was a comic book store. Over the years of traveling and being on the road, comics have really helped me escape my life.

I walked inside and it wasn't a very busy place and I could definitely tell that the comics were not in a certain order. I noticed two people passed out behind the counter that looked like two hippies or drug heads.

As I looked at the comics I thought, 'see dad I told you drug has lived here.' As I looked at the comics I felt like eyes were on me, so I casually looked up and around me to noticed that there were three different people looking at me.

I then put my head back down continuing to look at comics but also moving closer to the exit. The first thing my father taught me is to act natural when you noticed you were being stalked by somebody. Don't let them know that you know they are watching you.

Before I can make it out that exit One of them stopped me. He wore a red bandanna and a camouflage shirt. I guess he thought he looked tough but honestly he looked like idiot, and someone I could easily take down. I step back to turn away and I soon I turned I was met with the another guy that was watching me. This one also looked like someone I could take but the both of them at the same time I didn't know.

"Really guys? Why do y'all creepy stalk someone as soon as the come into your store? No wonder you don't have a lot of business," I looked up at my third stalker

"Really guys? Why do y'all creepy stalk someone as soon as the come into your store? No wonder you don't have a lot of business," I looked up at my third stalker. Who was standing on the other side of the comics.

"I'm sorry about them

"I'm sorry about them. They apparently don't know how to socialize with people. The did the same thing to me when I first came in here. I'm Sam by the way," he said as he walked around to stand beside the first stalker.

He obviously was not from here. You could say his style was a little out there, and something I would not be caught dead in. "What does that make you then?" I asked as I crossed my arms. I watched as Sam scrunched his face in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Well either you are a idiot or you suck at makes friends of you chose to still chose to be their friend after they stalked you like this," I said.

"Umm we did not stalk you," the first stalker said. The second stalker nodded his head as he walked out from behind me to sand next to Sam and stalker on.

"Umm okay then what do you call off this," I said as I waved one hand in front of them.

"We were observing," the first stalker said.

"And what where you i'm serving stalker number one," I said with my arms crossed.

"To see if you were a vampire or not," stalker two said. "Also I'm Alan and he is Edgar."

"We are the frog brother, vampire hunters," Edgar said.

I slowly uncrossed my arms, "Vampire? Seriously that is the best you could come up on why you was stalking me."

"Hey vampires are real! We just killed a group of them not to long ago," Sam said.

"Sure you did," I said while rolling my eyes. "I'm leaving," I said are I turned to walk to the other isle of comics so I didn't have to walk close to the weirdos.

I was almost at the exit when the jumped in front of me. "We are telling the truth! And we can prove it!" Sam asked as Edgar and Alan nodded their head.

"And how are you going to do that," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Sam looked at Edgar and Alan. They all nodded their head before looking back at me. "Tomorrow at noon meet back here and we will prove it to you," Sam said.

Edgar was holding something in his hand and he handed to me. "Here take this."

I look down at what he had in his hand and it was a comic. The comic was called "Vampires Everywhere."

I looked back up at them, "Are you serious?"

"Just we are serious," Sam said.

"Just take it," Edgar said as he shoved it into my hands.

" it will teach you everything you need to know about vampires," Alan said. "So make sure you read it tonight so tomorrow you'll know everything."

"Fine," I said as I looked at the comic in my hands. I can't believe I'm about to read something about vampires they aren't even real.  Then I had a thought.

"Wait all the murders that have been happening and the disappearance of people. Does that have to do with vampires?"

"Santa Carla isn't called murder couple of the world for nothing," Edgar said.

" The vampires that lived here gave Santa Carla its name," Alan said.

"Lived here? Where are they living now?" I asked confused.

"They aren't living anymore," Sam said.

"What do you mean they are living anymore? Aren't they supposed to be immortal?"

"They are until they are killed," Alan said.

"So they were killed but who killed them?"

"We did," Edgar said.

I looked at them in complete shock and I couldn't decide if they were crazy or drug heads.
_______________________________

Don't forget to Vote!

Also, comment below what y'all think! I love reading what y'all think, it really inspires me!

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other stories, The Lost Family and Hunted :)

Until next time keep reading and bleeding

- QOB🩸

________________________________