Chapter 5

Scarlett's POV

We soon arrived at a cliffside with a beautiful view of the ocean. I could hear the waves crashing against the rocks below, and some people might find it frightening but I found the noise very calming.

"Scarlett over here!" I turned to see Sam, Alan, and Edgar all standing in front of a sketchy looking set of stairs that had a big warning sign on it that said stay out. I walked over to them as I looked at the stairs and the sign.

"Umm guys what are we doing here what does this cliffside have to do with vampires? Also why are y'all hanging around these sketchy looking stairs? Can y'all not read the sign it says "Stay Out.'"

" Forget the sign. You said you wanted proof, now we're going to give you proof," Edgar said before he turned and walked on the sketchy looking stairs. Alan and Sam both following behind him.

"Are you serious I'm not clinbing down those things! They look like they could fall any minute! And I'm sorry but I choose to live!" I then turned around and began to walk away from the guys back to the boardwalk. I heard the guys walking and getting off the stairs.

"I told you she would be too scared. I mean she is just a girl. She needs to be back home painting her finger nails or some girly crap like that. Not out here going into a vampire lair. She is too weak for this," Edgar said.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Something snapped inside of me and before I knew I was turned around marching straight towards him.

"I will show you weak!" I said once I was standing right in front of him and I had pointed my finger in his face. I then walked passed them down the creepy stairs and into a cave.

"Wow," I said as I entered the cave. I was standing at the entrance and just looking at everything. This place was amazing and it strangely felt like home. I'm not sure why a cave felt like home but I wasn't complaining. In all the years that me and my dad have been moving around, nowhere has ever felt like home.

"Pretty amazing huh?" Sam asked.

"Yeah it is," I said in amazement as I looked around the cave.

"Back over there is where we killed our first vampire," Edgar said as he pointed over to what looks like an abandoned elevator shaft.

I just nodded my head I'm not really caring as I was too busy looking around the cave. "And what is all this?" I asked.

They all looked around the cave, "I guess their hang out area," Alan said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Wait is this the first time y'all are actually looking at the place where they vampires you killed lived?"

"Yeah so?" Alan said.

"Why haven't y'all looked around before?" I asked looking at them surprised. This place is awesome, how could you not explore it?

"Oh I'm sorry we were too busy trying to kill the vampires that lived here and running for our lives to look around," Edgar said.

"Well you aren't doing either one of those things now so let's look around," I said as I started to walk around the cave and look at everything.

"Why do you want to explore it so bad?" Sam asked.

I stopped walking my back was to them so they couldn't see my face. I couldn't tell them this place felt like home. I had to lie to them. I turned around to face them and threw my arms out, " look at this place is amazing." I dropped my arms and started walking towards them. "Just think about it, all of this could be ours. This could become our hangout spot. A place where we can escape everyone and everything."