Chapter 8

Scarlett's POV

I snuck out of the house after my dad had fell asleep. He has been busy with work trying to find the killers but no luck yet. He doesn't want me out after dark in case the killers are still at large, which he believes they are even though there hasn't been any murders recently.

So that left me to sneak out of the house and down to the boardwalk. I made it there as quickly as I could. I didn't want the Frog brothers and Sam waiting forever for me, especially Edgar. He has such a short temper and I don't feel like dealing with a tantrum.

I soon made it to the boardwalk and I went to stand outside the comic book shop. Five minutes later they were closing up shop. "I swear if she is late I'm going to kill her," Edgar said before he turned around. "I'm tired of her ditching us," he continued.

I cleared my throat let him know that I was behind him. He turned around and looked at me, "you are late," he said while glaring at me.

"How am I late you two are just now closing shop if anything I was early," I said as I crossed my arms.

"Whatever let's go and get this over with," I said as he started to push through the crowd. Even though people were still out they closed shop up early so that we can go see the cave.

"You know Edgar if I didn't know any better I would say you're afraid to go back," as I came up beside him.

He stopped walking and turned and faced me. "Let's get one thing straight I ain't scared of anything, especially not vampires. So don't think I'm scared to go back to some stupid cave, because there ain't nothing in there except junk." He said as he pointed at me and walked me up against the railing of the boardwalk.

"And we," he pointed at himself, Alan and Sam, "killed the vampires that lived in that cave. So I ain't afraid of anything."

"Whatever you say Edgar," I said as I pushed off the railing making him take a couple of steps back, "but just remember nothing ever truly dies."

With that I continue down the boardwalk and to the cave. The rest of the walk there was in complete silence, no one spoke a word. We soon reach the cave and we somehow didn't need flashlights or anything to see with. No one said anything about it as they entered the cave.

Alan was the first one to break the silence as he lit a torch and threw it in a barrel. "You know we didn't even have any lights to see but somehow we made it here with no problem."

"Yeah I thought that was strange too," Sam said.

"Maybe we just have the path memorized or something," I said as I shrug it off. I then turned to face Edgar, "Oh great vampire hunter please give me a tour."

Edgar glared at me, "You know I am about tired of your crap. If you don't believe I killed a vampire then I will show you where I killed one at in this very cave."

"Please do because I'm calling your bluff," I said challenging him.

"Alan you got the flashlight right?"

"I do," Alan said.

"Wait you had a flashlight this whole time? Why didn't you turn it on? I mean you are the one that questioned why we walked in the dark," I said.

Alan just shrugged his shoulders and handed the flashlight to his brother. Edgar turned the flashlight on and looked at me, "Follow me."

I looked back at Alan and Sam to see if they were coming with us. They both nod their head as if they understood my question we then all turned and followed Edgar. We soon were on our hands and knees crawling through a tight space.

"Okay looking around I can tell that this was something that was built here, but why would someone build this area in a cave?" I asked as we crawl through the area.

"This used to be a hotel but it sat on a fault line so when a earthquake hit it fell through. Right now we're crawling through an elevator shaft," Alan explained.

"Oh cool," I said as I watched Edgar in front of me slow down and stop. He then jumped down into a big hole. I stopped and looked at him, "Come on. I thought you wanted to see where I killed that vampire," Edgar said with a smirk on his face as if he could sense my hesitancy.

I quickly jumped down and in the hole with him. "Took you long enough," Edgar said as Alan and Sam jumped in the hole with us.

"I was checking my surroundings plus it smells horrible back here," I said.

"Vampires my friend," Alan said.

"Great," I said as I crossed my arms. I then turned to Edgar as I spoke, "Please show me the place you killed said vampire."

"I will," he then started to climb in this ladder that was leaning against the wall after he gave the flashlight to Alan. "I was right here and I grabbed my stake... Alan can you shine the light up here so she can see me reenacting stabbing the vampire."

Alan pointed the flashlight on Edgar, "and I went like this," Edgar said as he pulled his arm back acting like he was holding a stake. When he moved his arm forward Alan followed and when Alan moved the flashlight forward we seen we were not alone.

"Except this time you don't kill me. I kill you!"

_______________________________

Don't forget to Vote!

Also, comment below what y'all think! I love reading what y'all think, it really inspires me!

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other stories, The Lost Family (book 1), Family of blood (book 2) and Hunted :)

Until next time keep reading and bleeding

- QOB🩸

_______________________________