Chapter 7

Scarlett's POV

*knock knock*

I went to the front door as soon as I heard someone knocking on it knowing that it was the Frog brothers and Sam. I opened the door to see them all standing there.

"You better have a good explanation," Edgar said as he stormed into my house. "Come on in," I said. Sam and Alan then walked into my house.

We walked into my living room where Edgar was sitting on the couch. "Well I'm glad I don't have to tell you to make yourself at home." Edgar just nodded his head at me. I took a seat in the recliner while Alan and Sam sat on the couch with Edgar.

"Alright explain what the hell happened back at the cave," Edgar said.

I took a deep breath before I spoke, "to be honest I have no clue what happened. I guess you calling me out made me feel embarrassed so I ran away."

"Are you serious that is it?" Edgar said as he stood up. "I came all the way here for that? You could have said that over the phone!"

"Well yeah but I thought I would make some apology drinks and food," I explained.

"Wait did you say food?" Edgar said.

"Yeah I made some pizzas and they are in the oven right now. If you don't want any and want to leave I understand," Edgar looked at his brother and then at Sam.

"Alright we will stay and accept your apology meal," Edgar said as he sat back down.

"Yay I'm glad y'all accept my apology. I will go get you all some drinks now." I then stood up and walked trough the door that lead to the kitchen.

I grabbed three glasses out of the cabinet and my glass that sat on the counter. I then grabbed the bottle that I brought from the cave and filled the four glasses.

Once full I carried two of them into the living room. I sat the first one in front of Edgar and the second in front of Alan. "Here you go. Sam I will be right back with yours." I then ran back into the kitchen and grabbed mine and Sam's glass.

I walked back into the living room to see that Edgar and Alan's cups were empty. "Well it looks like you two need some more," I said with a small laugh.

"Here you go Sam," I said as I handed him his drink. I sat my drink down on the table and grabbed the Frog brother's glasses.

I wait a few seconds as Sam downs his drink. I laughed as he handed me his drink, "I guess you liked it and you want more I assume."

"Yes please," Sam said.

I took their glasses back to the kitchen and sat them on the counter. I checked the oven to see the pizzas were done so I got them out of the oven. I cut them and got four plates down and placed two pieces on each plate. I took them to the living room and handed them to the boys.

Once back in the kitchen I filled the cups up using the last of what was in the bottle. Going back to the living room I handed them their drinks, "this is all I have left so don't drink it all in one go."

They each nodded their heads and started to eat their pizzas after taking a drink. While they was taking a drink I watched as their eyes flashed yellow. I'm not sure exactly what it meant but it made me smile as I took a drink of mine.

"So boys what do you think about going back to the cave tonight?" They all look up at me from eating their pizza. Sam put his pizza down and took a drink before speaking, "Umm I'm not sure that is a good idea?"

"Why not," I said as I took a bite of my pizza.

Alan then was the next to speak, "Because of the bloodsuckers."

"I thought you said you all killed them. Are you not trusting in your hunter abilities and saying that you failed to kill them?"

"NO WAY! We killed them! No doubt about it!" Edgar yelled.

"So then we have nothing to fear tonight," I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Right we have nothing to fear and we will meet tonight at the boardwalk. Then we go to the cave and prove we have nothing to fear," Edgar said as Alan and Sam nodded in agreement.

"Good then. I think tonight will be a good night to back," I said.

"And why is that?" Sam questioned.

"Well tonight is a full moon. What better night to go explore a cave that used to home vampires," I said then I finished off my drink. I then stood and grabbed my dishes and ask if they wanted more pizzas. They each said yes so I went and brought the other pizzas into living room to eat after I sat my dishes into the sink.

Then soon had the second pizza gone and were leaving, "Tonight at the boardwalk after closing of the comic book shop," Edgar said.

"I will be there," I said as I nodded my head.

"Good. See you there and you better not be late," Edgar said as he walked in my door with Alan behind him who just nodded his head at me.

"Bye Scar."

"Bye Sam."

I closed the door once they were gone and grabbed their dishes from the living room and headed to the kitchen. I sat them down in the sink. I then grabbed the bottle from sitting on the counter.

I examined it as I held it in my hands. I had no idea what was in this bottle but it was good. I know that whatever it was, it had to do something with their eyes turning yellow. I also knew life was about to change because of whatever it was.

I sat the bottle down and went to washing dishes. I looked over at the bottle sitting on the counter and smiled, "Phase one completed."

_______________________________

Don't forget to Vote!

Also, comment below what y'all think! I love reading what y'all think, it really inspires me!

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other stories, The Lost Family (book 1), Family of blood (book 2) and Hunted :)

Until next time keep reading and bleeding

- QOB🩸

_______________________________