Chapter 4

Scarlett's POV

I walked back-and-forth in my kitchen deciding whether or not I should go to the comic book store again and see them so-called "vampire hunters."

I looked over on the kitchen table where the comic laid. I read it last night and again this morning still not convinced that vampires are real.  I will say though that the comic did provide very helpful information if vampires were real.

I looked at the comic one more time while bitting my thumbnail very nervously. I then grab the comic and ran out the front door heading towards the boardwalk.

I don't know why but I had to know more about these vampires. I felt the need to learn more about the vampires that lived here in Santa Carla. I was running but I slowed down when I passed the house that had fallen in. Today I was going to learn what happened to it.

I then turn and ran the rest of the way to the boardwalk. I arrived at the comic bookstore out of breath and I seen the guys waiting outside the closed comic bookstore.

I bent over and put my hands on my knees with the comic book in one hand trying to get some air. "Why are you so out of breath?" Sam asked.

"Because.... I.... just.... ran here... all the.... way from... my house," I said as I stood up and put my hands above my head.

"Why would you do something as stupid as that?" Edgar asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I gave him a dirty look and threw my hands down as a yelled at him, "Because you said to be here by noon!!"

"We would have waited a little bit if you weren't here on time," Alan said.

"Now you tell me," I said as I used the comic to fan myself. "Do any of y'all have some water or know a place I can get some?"

"Yeah follow me," Edgar said as he turned to walk down the boardwalk. I quickly followed as Sam and Alan tagged along behind me.

Soon we walked up to a water fountain. "Here," Edgar said as he moved to step out of my way.

I quickly shoved the comic book into his arms and grabbed my hair and moved it to the side. I push the button and drank the water like crazy. Probably not the best water in the world but it tasted like heaven after that long run.

I finally finish drinking a water. I let go of the button and my hair as I stood up. I turned to face the boys while wiping the water of my face with the back of my hand.

"Ummm... Sorry about that," I said nervously as I rub the back of my neck and looked at the ground.

"It's fine let's go," Edgar said as he shoved the comic back into my hands.

He quickly took off down the boardwalk, which was surprisingly empty compared to how it was last night. I guess the people in Santa Carla prefer the night more than the daytime. I will admit the boardwalk looks nicer all lit up at night too. 

We were walking down the boardwalk with Edgar in front Sam to my right and Alan to my left.

"So I'm guessing you finished the comic." Sam said as he pointed at the comic book in my hands.

"Yeah, I did" I said as I looked down at the comic. "I still not sure that I believe in the whole vampire thing though."

"Then why are you here?" Alan asked.

I look to my left at Alan, " because I want to believe," I answered.

Edgar quickly stopped in his footsteps and turned around to face me, "This isn't some fairytale," he said as he pointed his finger in my face. "This is a life or death situation. We almost lost our lives but we fought them to save his brother." He said as he pointed at Sam. "We saved Santa Carla, so don't sit there and say you want to believe as if this is some fairytale. Because it's not and if that's what you're looking for go home now." We were now facing each other so close that it became a stare down to see who would step down first.

I took a step closer to him, "Show me your proof now," I said in a very demanding tone.

He stared into my eyes for a few more seconds before turning and continuing down the boardwalk. Sam and Alan stood on each side of me completely shocked. I looked at both of them before telling them to move that we had stuff to do before taking off down the boardwalk behind Edgar. The two quickly followed behind me.

Valerie's POV

I watched it from the shadows after seeing that just play out in front of me. Scarlett was a leader alright and the perfect one for the boys. She will be the perfect head vampire, and unlike Max she won't fail in turning Star, Michael, Laddie, or Sam. She will even get the two Frog brothers to become vampires.

"Don't worry Max your clan will finally be in good hands," I said as I pulled the sucker from my mouth.

"The time is almost at hand for Scarlett to become the head vampire." I put the sucker back into my mouth.

I then pulled out a bottle from my bag.

"Now let's go put this where it belongs," I said as I pulled the sucker out of my mouth once again

"Now let's go put this where it belongs," I said as I pulled the sucker out of my mouth once again. I looked at the bottle that I held in one hand and at the red liquid inside. I could feel the power that flows through it.

"I better put you back in the cave before they get there," I said before throwing the sucker away in a nearby trashcan and putting the bottle back into my bag.

I snapped my fingers and was at the cave. I quickly placed the bottle on the bookshelf. I took a step back and looked at the bottle sitting on the bookshelf.

"Scarlett will find you. Don't worry she'll feel the pull of the pack calling her. Soon we will have a new head vampire."

_______________________________

Don't forget to Vote!

Also, comment below what y'all think! I love reading what y'all think, it really inspires me!

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other stories, The Lost Family and Hunted :)

Until next time keep reading and bleeding

- QOB🩸

________________________________