Chapter 2-Ruin Me

Josh's POV

"Josh, the new designer is ready for you." Danny said as he walked up to me,

"Is she an old lady like most seamstresses?" I asked as I stood up from my dressing rooms couch,

"Oh definitely," Danny replied as he walked out.  I walked down the hall flipping through my notebook thinking of what songs I wanted on the setlist.  I opened the door and finally looked up from my notes.  Danny was a liar.  I started at the ground, scanning the woman in front of me with my eyes.  She had on bell bottoms and a green top with lots of necklaces layered on top of it.  As my eyes reached her face my eyes settled on the freckles adorning her face, her wavy red hair with some shorter pieces framing her face.   And her hazel eyes, they were somewhere between gold and light green. 

"Wow" I didn't realize the words had escaped my lips until she responded

"Sorry..?" she said, giving me a weird look.  I had definitely been staring, but so was she. 

"Oh, nothing" I felt my palms start to sweat,  I didn't normally get nervous but she was stunning. "Hi, I'm Josh" I said wiping my palms on my pants

"Hi, I'm Rhiannon," She said confidently,

"Like the song?" I asked excitedly

"Yes like the song," her tone changed, it suddenly occurred to me how many people probably asked her that.  I cursed myself for being so typical.  I wonder how many people could sing it for her though.  I watched as she walked over to get her measuring tape.  I had to see how she'd react, I started loudly singing the song.  She turned on her heels and watched with her eyes following me as I danced around.   When I eventually stopped singing she clapped and burst into laughter.  I couldn't help but smile at the way she had reacted and that cute little laugh.

"Very impressive, I'm guessing you are the singer then?" She said continuing over to the table to finally grab her tape. 

"You'd be guessing correct," I grinned, pausing as I contemplated my words, "also can I just say, you have an amazing laugh," Her movements froze as her eyes shot to me, I caught her expression and smiled at her as she blushed

"Turn." She said quickly turning me around by my shoulders, she was obviously avoiding my compliment, but it was adorable.  I grinned as she continued to take my measurements.  It was silent for a moment before she spoke again.  "So Josh, what kind of stuff are you wanting me to design for you?"

"Hmm" I hummed as I pondered her question, I hadn't even thought about it, "I have been into vests recently, is that helpful?"

"Is that all you're going to give me to go off of?" she laughed "Likes, Vests."  she said as she wrote, causing me to laugh at her wittiness. 

"I don't know what else to say, this is my first time working with a designer" I said loudly,  shrugging my shoulders and throwing my hands into the air.  She walked closer to me as she flipped through her sketches, standing next to me now, our arms slightly brushing against each other as she flipped.

"Well what about details?" She asked,  I kept my eyes on the pages, I saw something that caught my eye and reached my hand out to stop the pages from turning, 

"I really like that," I said as I inspected the designs sketched onto the page, gold swirly patterns on a black background, "Thats lovely, I'd love something with those kinds of details." I paused looking at other things on the page "Did you draw this? You're very good."

"Yes, I did. And thanks, isn't that why you hired me?" She grinned, taking this compliment better than the last one.  As much as I wanted to take credit for her being here, I wasn't the one who had suggested her.