Chapter 23-Shock

Josh's POV

"Well, I guess you don't have what Sloan had after all" I laughed as I started to undress to take a shower,

"Actually, I think I might." She said quietly from the middle of my room,

"What? That doesn't make any sense," I giggled as I peeked my head out of the bathroom door. I saw her face, drained of its color as she stared blankly into the room. I stopped for a moment, realizing I was missing something. I repeated her words in my head, it finally clicked. "Wait, you think...you think you're pregnant too?" I asked softly as I walked towards her slowly. She continued staring past me. When I finally grabbed her hands, her eyes teary eyes moved to mine. She broke down and started crying, I quickly wrapped her in a hug. I don't think I had ever seen her cry before. "Hey, it's ok," I said rubbing her back as I held her close. I held her until the sobbing slowed to sniffling. I took her hand and led her over to the bed, sitting down and pulling her into my lap. I didn't know what to say, part of me felt a little spark of excitement, the other part was all shock. I stayed quiet, waiting for her to speak, I wasn't sure how she felt. Were these happy tears, terrified tears, or was she completely against the whole idea.

"I- I'm sorry" She finally said, the words partially getting caught in her throat, "I don't know how this happened"

"Baby, don't apologize." I said as I wiped her tears, "We don't even know if you are, aren't you on birth control?" She nodded, "Then chances are you aren't right?" She got up and walked over to her suitcase, taking out her birth control "What are you doing?"

"I'm reading all the warnings and shit on the back." She said as she shushed me, she read quietly for a moment. She suddenly brought her hand up covering her mouth as her eyes got wide. "Antibiotics, I took antibiotics when I got sick on tour."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked, feeling lost again.

"It says here that antibiotics can make the birth control not as effective." She said, tears starting to fall again as she covered her face. I hurried over and hugged her again, but she pushed me away gently, "Can you just give me a minute." she requested. I wanted nothing more than to hold her tight and comfort her, but I needed to respect her boundaries as well.

"Sure, I'm going to go take a shower. If you need me don't hesitate to come in." I said kindly, I gave her a soft kiss on her temple before going into the bathroom. I walked in and shut the door, turning on the shower. The water ran, filling the room with steam as I stood there, thoughts rushing through my head. We had been together for 3 months. She was such a flighty person, I was terrified she was going to panic and run. I knew that she loved me, and that I loved her more than anything, but having a baby so soon in our relationship was scary. I wasn't against it at all though. I would support her in whatever she wanted, but I knew what I wanted. If she was pregnant, I would adore bringing a baby into the world with her. I knew I had to keep my emotions very vague on it until I knew fully how she felt. I didn't want my emotions to sway any of her decisions. I showered for a while as my mind ran over all the possible outcomes from here. I finally walked out of the bathroom to find Rhiannon sitting on the bed. She was wearing pajamas and had her knees pulled to her chest. Her bloodshot eyes landed on me, and her bottom lip began to quiver, telling me she was fighting off crying. I quickly slipped on some flannel pants and walked over, sitting next to her on the bed.

"I don't know what to do, but I'm here however you need me." I said as I held my eyes on her,

"Can you just hold me?" She asked quietly, I nodded and scooted in next to her, pulling the covers over us before putting my arms out for her.