Chapter 33-Family

Rhiannon's POV

"Lover!" I yelled from the bedroom, he was out helping Jake cook for the baby shower guests that would be arriving soon.   I heard the patter of his feet rapidly approaching the door,

"Are you ok?" he asked immediately, coming over and touching my belly.  It was November and I was 7 months pregnant, which made Sloan 6 months.

"I'm fine babe, I just need help with my dress and shoes if you would" I asked sweetly, I knew the answer.  Josh had been the most attentive man I'd ever met the past months.  Always checking in, doing things, making sure I was comfortable.  He was unbelievably excited about our babies due dates getting closer and closer.  I know they always talk about moms 'nesting' but Josh had been doing more than me.  He was so excited about getting the nursery ready and getting everything in order before they arrived.  I was glad we'd be getting some more furniture and things for him to organize and build at the shower today, he was running out of things to do.

"Of course beautiful, wait till you see how cute it is out there." He said going behind me to zip my dress. "Kenzi did an excellent job with the theme we chose, shes out there telling Sam and Danny where to put decorations" He giggled. 

"I can't wait to see it!" I said looking into the mirror.  I had worn a dark blue dress that hugged my curves and showed off my belly.  Josh walked me over and sat me down on the bed, kneeling down to put on my shoes for me.  "Actually, I don't think I want to wear shoes." I sighed, "My feet hurt."

"Fine with me, this is your party after all." He said standing, "You look just as amazing either way" He kissed me gently,

"This is our  party.  They are your babies too after all" I replied as I brushed come unruly curls from his face as he grinned.   I winced and Josh quickly put his hand on my belly, "She is still kicking more when she hears you, I think she's mad you haven't sang to her today" I said.  Josh leaned down to my stomach resting his hand on it still,

"Listen little one, I promise I will sing to you later, but you gotta stop kicking your mama ok?" He said softly and kissed my belly.  "And don't you worry I will give you a foot rub too" he said as he stood back up and kissed my cheek. 

"You are an angel sent from above" I said playfully as I pulled him closer and kissed all over his face as he laughed. 

"Oh stop," he blushed, "I just love taking care of the both of you.  We should probably get out there before people start arriving." 

"You know you didn't have to make such a fuss over me right?" I asked, referring to the party,  he turned and caressed my face,

"And you know I wanted to, you deserve everything today, especially after everything we have been through, this is a reason to celebrate" He said glancing down at my belly.  I nodded softly and he gave me a smile before taking my hand and leading us into the kitchen of our home.  A home that soon would be filled with 3 little ones.  I gasped as I saw how beautiful the decorations where. The theme we had chosen was the same as the nursery 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Stars'.  It fit with me and Josh so well, and they were going to be little stars, no matter what they did in life.  I looked at the dark blue, gold and silver color scheme decorations.  Silver and gold moons and stars hanging from the ceiling and a cute little photo background.  I felt a huge smile on my face as I looked over to Josh who was watching my reaction with nothing but love in his eyes. 

"It's so beautiful!" I said loudly.  Danny, Sam, Jake, Sloan, and Kenzi all turned around, not aware of my presence until I spoke. 

"I'm so glad you love it!" Kenzi said, running over and hugging me.  I made my rounds, walking around and welcoming everyone.  I finally made my way over to Sloan.  Bless that woman for going through this for me and Josh.  Her belly was exceptionally bigger than mine, and I watched as she tried to wrangle Reed and River from her seat